Chapter Twenty Nine

"I want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world" Jocelyn screamed out with the music as the base controlled our movements in the character filled crowd. 

Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle were upstairs in the VIP lounge that Jocelyn's Dad had managed to get us into and as we left them I don't think they even noticed our presence was no longer there. The Mad Hatter had found a friend in Alice and I glanced over to find them still laughing and talking closely together by the bar. There was too much alcohol in my system to let me focus properly not that I cared. I had left all my reservations at home and tonight I had decided I was going to be bringing in the New Year in style. A

s The Black Eyed Peas took over from Rihanna I signaled to the bar and Jocelyn nodding bounced behind me. We had just slipped our way to the empty corner and stood slightly breathless from all the dancing. I looked around the room and noticed all the stars that glowed in neon colors hanging from the roof, a large screen behind the DJ had flashing similar colors, as welcome to wonderland would appear and disappear in time to the music. For a 'Wonderland New Years' party I was expecting more than just the usual decorations in the club, the only thing different were the white rabbit costumes the bar staff had on and the names of the cocktails had been changed.

"This is so much fun!" Jocelyn yelled and I smiled in response. 

Her black wig had slipped slightly and so I gave it a small tug putting it back in place. We had just ordered a 'Down The Rabbit Hole' or in other words, long island ice tea, when I felt someone come up behind me. Jocelyn was too busy on her phone texting her cousin who was meant to be joining us tonight to notice as I straightened up from slouching against the sticky bar top.

"What a nice ass you have Little Red" The man's voice was slurred and beer was thick on his breath as it drifted from behind me, his hand slapping me on the ass. 

I turned slowly to face him, he wasn't anything special. He stood slightly taller than me, his black hair was cut short and two ears sat on top on his head on a cheap headband and some faint lines that was coming off with his sweat lingered on his cheeks as whiskers. He wore a black suit and on his tie the silhouette of a wolf howling to the moon made me laugh. He was a wolf. A grin appeared on his face as his checked me out, his eyes lingering on my bust a little too long and I folded my arms over my chest as if to cover up.

"Wrong Red" he hiccupped and on queue another red caped girl appeared beside him. If looks could kill he'd be a goner. Seeing his 'Red' he grinned sheepishly at her and with a glare at me she dragged him away. Turning back to Jocelyn our cocktails had just been set in front of us and we took a few moments to relax, deciding to head back upstairs where Dylan and Andrea were still making out. Surely they had to come up for air eventually? Jocelyn rolled her eyes at me as she took a seat on the opposite side of them and deciding it was time for Andrea to come and dance, I jumped between them. I was met with a growl and a surprised look from Andrea as I wiggled further between them until they finally split up.

"Come dance with uuuusss" I whined, giving her my best puppy dog eyes. She laughed, taking my drink for the table and downing it.

"Oui!" she yelled, bouncing up and dragging us back downstairs. We only had a couple of songs before Dylan moved in on her and by this time Jocelyn was locking lips with Shrek. It was just gone eleven and with my friends all busy amongst themselves my high deflated. My feet started to ache from the high heels, as good as they looked they hurt like hell. I felt sticky from all the drinks that had been spilt on me while on the dance floor and the club suddenly felt too small. It was time to go home, seeing in the New Year didn't seem that great anymore. I sent them all a text so they wouldn't worry if they couldn't find me and headed outside. The cold air hit me with force and I took in a deep breath. I remembered Eric mentioning something about the new pack initiation happening tonight and for whatever reason I started heading across town towards the pack house, pulling the cape tighter against me as the heat from the bar was left behind.