Chapter Thirteen

Later on that day I sat in the usual cafe with Derrick and Andrea. The cuteness of their togetherness was starting to disappear, as they seemed to be arguing more lately. Wanting to break the tension that now sat with us as they silenced I let out what was on my mind.

"Do you believe in werewolves?" I asked curiously sipping the latte. Derrick looked at me for a moment before laughing. Andrea looked at him almost hurt before answering.

"Oui. There are many legends and the stories would have to come from somewhere non?" I nodded agreeing, I hadn't actually thought of it like that.

"Like your do not wear red in the woods story?" Derrick teased. Andrea glared at him and I regretted bringing it up now. I didn't want to be behind fight number three of the day.

"Was there not a wolf that came after the girl in the red coat at the bonfire?" She mumbled something in French soon after, obviously annoyed.

"Pure coincidence. These days if something like that existed, we would know with all the technology available. Maybe there is an American werewolf running around Paris?" he laughed at his own joke but neither of us seemed amused.

"Why do you ask?" Andrea ignored Derrick and now we started our own conversation.

"No reason, just thinking" Andrea looked at me oddly; as if she stared at me long enough the truth would come out. Finally giving up we started talking about Christmas which was only weeks away. It made me homesick and I missed my grandparents. They were the last reminder of my Dad and living with them had left us closer than ever before. We had been here for four months and while we had the odd phone call and email, it wasn't the same. They always put up the most amazing Christmas decorations and possibly not seeing that this year hurt.

Somehow in the period of five minutes the anger between them changed, and leaving the once again happy and pro PDA couple I decided to grab a few things for dinner when I spied Eric with Freddy. For once they didn't actually seem to be my personal stalkers and I snuck up on them with ease.

"Freddy!!" I squealed, launching myself at him in a less lady like fashion than I would have liked. Shock and horror was all over his face as Eric laughed at his brother's helplessness.

"What are you guys up to?" I asked, finally letting him go. I felt a little offended he seemed to treat me like I had three heads or something.

"Just checking on something," Eric said, his voice a little to high pitched for my liking.

"Something or someone?" The pair looked at each other doubtfully with my question. "Someone" I said curiously, tapping my finger against my chin as though deep in thought. "Not me obviously otherwise you wouldn't have been so easy to sneak up on" Eric nodded as Freddy punched his arm. He was going to be a hard one to crack. I'd ask Eric about it later. "Who?" I demanded, staring hard at them. Eric gulped and Freddy looked away.

"No one" they both mumbled.

"I think you should tell me" I said a little harsher than I intended. Eric sighed and Freddy rolled his eyes, I smiled at looked at Eric, he was going to tell me.

"Its Parker. We've been trying to keep track of him since last night" Eric confessed. I kind of knew the answer but needed to hear it.

"And you've lost him?" Eric nodded guiltily while Freddy dropped his head to stare at the ground.

"He has moved out. All of his stuff is gone and he is blocking us. We can't find a scent and cause he is blocking us we can't tell if he is nearby" Eric seemed relieved to tell someone; I just wish it hadn't been me now. Parker missing scared me. As I realized that something fought inside, 'my wolf' not liking the fact I was scared.