Chapter Twenty Seven

There was a faint light in the sky when Eric came into my room. Refusing to open my eyes I ignored him, begging sleep to come back. I felt the pressure of his body as he sat on the edge of the bed, and as he gently shook my shoulder to wake me up I groaned not willing to acknowledge him. I rolled over turning my back to him and I knew he'd be smiling at waking me up. Jerk.

 "It's nearly dawn, time for a run" he said softly. I hated the fact I had got him up yesterday at five when it was still dark. At least he was kind enough to let a little bit of the sun be seen.

 "No" I protested. I didn't want to get up. Not today. Not ever. My body had shut down on me, seems the stupid she wolf had found some power and if I did get up I knew there was only place she would take me and I wasn't willing to risk that. I was being stubborn now. I really was only hurting myself. The place the tingles start from ached now, it was like heartburn - for an elephant. My whole chest ached and my throat was on fire.

"What's wrong, you don't seem yourself. I know it takes 21 days to form new habits but quitting after a few days doesn't seem your style" Eric moved onto the bed beside me he rolled me over so we were laying against each other. I refused to open my eyes as I knew the concern all over his face would only make me feel worse. He shifted so his arm was under my head and I rested my forehead on his chest as his other arm came around holding me close.

"Tell me what's wrong?" he begged as my tears started to soak the t-shirt he had on. I shook my head snuggling closer against him. He sighed, his annoyance at unwillingness to elaborate becoming obvious and to add to me list, I felt bad for making him worry.

"I miss William," I muttered into his chest. He heard though and his body shook as he tried to hold in his laughs.

 "That's it? We can fix that easy" he said hopefully. But I shook my head. That wasn't everything. He seemed to deflate beside me as he waited for me to explain further. So I told him about the Penelope issue, about the past and how I was already over the whole wolf thing because of how she kept trying to take control. He stayed silent the whole time I ranted, occasionally nodding or rubbing his hand along my back soothingly.

 "And then there is one other thing" This was it. All night I had tossed and turned over this and I needed to get it out. I finally opened my eyes and looked up at him, will he hate me now?

"It's Parker......" I didn't get to finish my sentence before he was standing on the floor beside the bed.

"I knew I smelt him in here, I just thought I was being paranoid. What the hell is going on Elizabeth?" I cringed as he used my full name, he was pissed. I didn't exactly have to be scientist to work that out. The stupid wolf felt satisfied in me as she felt his anger, she knew I deserved it and wanted someone else to make me suffer.

"I don't knoooow" I whined falling face first into my pillow. Maybe I could suffocate myself and solve all my problems. Eric was silent and finally I turned slightly, opening one eye to peer at him curiously. His face was blank and he had totally zoned out. Maybe I could lock myself in the bathroom and not have to face him anymore. I threw the doona over my head and shuffled to the edge but as I dropped to the plush white carpet and was about to sprint to the bathroom he was already beside me. Dam him.

"Going somewhere?" he smirked at my lame attempt to escape. Like the adult I am I stuck my tongue out at him as he grabbed me around the waist and threw me onto the bed.

 "You asked me before if you were Williams mate right?" he asked, more to himself as he was on his own train of thought so I just nodded, curling my legs underneath me I watched as he started to pace the room. After a few minutes he finally stopped, facing me, he looked as if he had just solved every problem in the world. "What if you're not?"