♱ 15 • give me rights

Storm

Having a decent conversion with my father after almost 6 years was something I dreamed about a week ago, now that I'm here... now that he's sitting across me I feel like I shouldn't have wasted so much time wanting this.

Yes I missed him, but all he wants to talk about is Dominic.

"Dad, I want to put him behind me. He's done enough," I respond to him telling me he has to tell me something about Dominic for the tenth time tonight, "I'm honestly so tired of speaking about him."

He nods his head in agreement and after a few moments of silence he asks, "how is Star and Seth doing?" Finally a question regarding the people I care for the most. I love my dad and I always thought the best of him up until he went almost half a year without talking to me.

"You would know if you called, dad," I take a sip of my water and lean back, "you told me you were going to do better for not only me but Star, you said you would talk to us every day, but you haven't spoken to her or me in almost a year and half. On top of that you're pretending like nothing happened."

He leans his elbows on the table, "I know I fucked up and there's no excuse for me not calling, that's why I wanted to show you this," he puts a wanted poster down, "I had to convince Dominic I was on his side to get information on what he's planning to do. That included not talking to you pumpkin, I had to pretend I didn't know where you were."

I stare at the paper and my heart drops.

"I just need to know if he has custody of Star, so Seth and I know what to do," he continues as my eyes are glued to the paper

No one but my mother knows the story of why Dominic isn't on Star's birth certificate. What happened the night I gave birth to her was the first time he's ever hit me.

It did a lot to me.

"Okay," I answer preparing myself to tell him the story.

5 1/2 YEARS AGO

The nurse walks out of the room and a bad feeling punches me in my gut when Dominic stands up from the couch.

In the beginning I thought I could handle my contractions because Dominic wants me to give birth to her naturally. He wanted his doctors to be involved and didn't want to go to a hospital outside of his mafia.

They treated me so badly and he did nothing to defend me. I knew coming to a regular hospital would ease my mind and the things I found out today I should've been known considering it's my body.