Home Of Hell

I pulled away from Sylvia and pulled her into a hug she was shorter than me so I let her bury her head in my solder I felt her shaking and instantly put her at ease with a light rub on her back. I was smiling just as she was, she was smiling with tears in her eyes I was unable to tell why but this didn't sadden me I could tell that they were tears of happiness.

"I guess that's proof enough, you have my help," Danna said I had almost forgotten she was there.

"Good to hear it," I said as we let go of each other.

"So what's your plan for getting her shit show of a dad behind bars," Dannas said crossing her arms.

"Well we don't really have one we were so focused or at least I was so focused on coming up with a way to get you to help us I was unable to come up with a plan," I said.

"Well then you should know that without hard evidence the police department won't arrest your father that's not to say they don't take child abuse very seriously but they are not legally allowed to arrest anyone without hard evidence to convict them," Danna said.

"Don't suppose you have any videos of your dad hitting you in the past," I asked looking at Sylvia to my side.

Sylvia shook her head sadly.

"Well, I can do some sniffing around in my dad's old flies and see If there are any loopholes we can utilise but while I am doing that I would suggest you keep her out of harm's way," Danna said and I nodded.

"She'll be safe I guarantee it," I said.

Sylvia tugged at my arm and showed me something she had typed on her phone.

"I think you need to meet my dad if he sees you he will not hurt me with a witness he is all about keeping up appearances when in public company but I need to show you something," I read out loud from her phone.

"You sure you won't get hit after I leave," I said.

"I can handle it," She added.

"Well into the lion's den I suppose," I said.

"Good luck," Danna said and she left.

"Stay here tonight we'll go to your dad's tomorrow," I said.

Sylvia gave me a sweet smile nodding before embracing me in a hug.

As we got ready for bed I was in my room as Sylvia used my shower to get ready I was in my room rifling through my wardrobe to find a pair of PJ's that would fit her and if not my sportswear was getting a little tight. I found an old pair I had forgotten about and pulled them out of the wardrobe before knocking on my bathroom door I told her about the clothes that I would leave on my bed for her. I laid the clothes down and went down the stairs to the second floor and grabbed her my dad's phone charger since he hardly needs it and we have the same model.

"Hey they fit you pretty nicely you can keep them if you like," I said walking back into my room to see Sylvia in the PJ's I left out for her.

Sylvia just gave me a pretty smile.

I climbed into my bed and removed the covers on her side beckoning her to lay with me she flushed red probably at the sight she saw but moved to me soon enough. When she was close enough I let out a laugh and wrapped my arms around her one on her back and the other around her waist and pulled her closer to me as I rested my head on her shoulder. Sylvia nestled herself into me and I hugged her tighter as she had her head on my chest and we both fell asleep in moments just enjoying the sound of one another's breathing like it was a lullaby to us. My eyes opened to the sound of my alarm I guess Sylvia needs that to wake up not that it bothers me just will take some getting used to I rub my eyes and look at the clock before hitting the snooze button.

"Hey, Sylvia time to get up," I whisper sweetly in her ear.

Sylvia moves slightly her eyes pulling themselves open and she lights up when she sees my smiling face.

"You ready to get to school," I said rubbing my hand on her face.

Sylvia nodded and I rolled over sitting up and getting out of bed I gave her some more of my clothes and I realised that slowly but surely I was letting her break her shell. We left the house and I saw that the car was still there I told Sylvia to wait in the driveway and went inside and then came back out with the keys to the car smiling.

"I'll drive you," I said.

Sylvia smiled as I opened the car for her.

"So where do you live just so I know where I'm going later today you can give me a postcode or something," I said as I drove.

Sylvia typed a few things on her phone I took a quick look and nodded.

"Got it," I said.

I pulled into the school car park and parked the car I got out and saw Danna and the others standing by the gate and then they looked up as I opened the car door. Sylvia was at my side her hand in mine with a squeeze she was not good around too many people I told her it was okay and she relaxed as I did for the introductions and they all offered to help her. The end of the day could not have taken any longer I was by my car as Danna was explaining that there were loopholes but if we fuck up we were going to the ones waking the green mile. I thanked her for the info hugged her and she wished me good luck as I got to the car where Sylvia was waiting looking terrified I put my hand on hers and forced my best reassuring look considering how scared I was.

Sylvia's house was not what I expected it looked half abandoned and I could only imagine what it was like on the inside Sylvia got out of the car shakily and she went to the front door. I looked at the house as Sylvia reached for her keys me trying to figure out how she lived here then remembered that her mum was on the FBI's payroll guess she pays for this place when she's home.