Afraid To Be Alone

I was unable to do anything I was just there staring at her phone I could hardly look away no matter how much I wanted to it took me a while to regain my mind and say something and by that point, Sylvia was silently crying. I put a hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me I pulled her into a tight hug as I felt my own tears begin to spill and as I was there I as quietly as I could whisper in her ear.

"Who," I said.

Sylvia began to shake in my arms before typing on her phone "my father" and I froze now getting angry.

"Why," I said my own voice shaking as much as her body.

Some more on her phone it said what I feared was the reason "because I'm gay" and I pulled away from her.

"I can't believe that you have had to go through all of that on your own I'm so sorry," I said looking down and my knees.

Sylvia just looked at me with scared eyes.

"What about your mum does she know about this," I said.

Sylvia tapped on her phone for a bit then showed me the message "She doesn't know and my father has her under his control," Before looking down.

"But if your mother knew would she help," I said.

Sylvia nodded slightly.

"So all we need to do is get your mother to see what your father is doing to you and then she can fix it," I said.

Sylvia tapped on her phone and said it was impossible.

"Why," I said

Sylvia was still for a moment before she typed out "She is away all the time she may be an FBI agent but every time she comes home my dad puts on a good father act and says that my silenes is just a rebellious phase and she is wrapped around his finger,"

"But if she saw it she would arrest him right," I said.

Sylvia looked at me and made a more or less movement with her hands.

"Okay, when does your mum next get back," I said.

Sylvia thought for a moment before seeing the calendar by my bed grabbing it and pointing to next Friday. That gave me a week and a half to come up with a plan.

"Hey there Astrid it's getting late should your friend be getting home," My mum said I looked at Sylvia not wanting to send her there ever again.

"Actually both her parents are out on business so she was hoping to stay the night," I said.

"Well if she is okay with it," My mum said looking at Sylvia.

Sylvia had a smile and was nodding.

"In that case, I'll add another portion to the paster," My mum said before leaving.

"Are you sure your dad won't get pissed at you if you ain't home I mean I just didn't want you to go back to him and get hit again?" I said.

Sylvia smiled and nodded before typing on her phone "It's okay he hardly ever notices me anyway unless he wants to he will only ever hit me for me being seen or making a noise"

"I can't even imagine what you must have been through," I said taking her hands in mine and rubbing them with my thumbs.

Sylvia just looked at me and then she moved in closer and she kissed me she moved her hand from mine and put them around my neck and I pressed my hand on her cheeks and kissed her back. It got to the point where we lay on my bed both on our sides still kissing I had my arms wrapped tightly around Sylvia's waist keeping her body close to mine I swear this girl would make me go crazy. I asked Sylvia why she was so forceful or forthcoming whenever we were kissing and she told me through her phone that her dad had told her that because she was gay that no one would ever love her and she would never find anyone so she told herself if she ever did that she would not take it slow she would throw her self into the relationship full force.

After some hot making out my mother called us down and we went down I had to explain to my parents why she was not saying a word and surprisingly they totally understood making me wonder if they would have bought a lie I could have come up with. I no doubt left out the whole abusive father part I mean my parents didn't need to know everything and I could tell Sylvia preferred it that way, all in all, it was an enjoyable dinner.

"Oh Sylvia dear," My mother asked.

Sylvia just turned to her.

"I can get a few blankets and get the sofa ready for you to sleep on," My mother said.

Sylvia gave me a look that said she was afraid to be alone and I understood.

"Actually mum she would rather stay in my room as friends," I said using the word friend as I also left out the part about us being a couple.

"Really," My mum asked looking at Sylvia and she nodded.

My mum agreed and we both went back up to my room and sat on the bed I looked at Sylvia she noticed and looked away I smiled and gently put my hand on her chin and moved her so she was looking at me. My smile seemed to relax her but she still had a look of worry in her eyes I put my forehead to hers and asked her what was wrong, using her phone she said she was afraid of losing me. I took her in a hug pulled her onto the bed and kept her close and whispered into her ear "I will never leave you I promise" before closing my eyes and falling asleep with her in my arms. I woke up the next morning with her still in my arms I hugged her tighter and just then my alarm went off odd for a couple of reasons one I hardly ever need it and two I don't remember setting it. I felt Sylvia moving in my arms and when she realized she got nervous I told her it was me and she soon relaxed poor girl after everything she had been through waking up in the arms of someone she loves is a foreign concept. I felt really bad about that one simple fact that I decided that I was going introduce her to all the beautiful moments you can have with the one you love and have her see them as normal everyday activities. However, there was still the issue with her dad I may have to deal with that first and it may be harder than I had originally anticipated.