Just Curious

Hattie--^

I got to school a few minutes earlier than my first day, it has been a week now and I wanted to get to the library and find a few things before class started I walked into the library and walked in and out of the shelves focusing more on the letters than the books. I was soon able to find the books beginning with H and then the book I was looking for was Historical battles from 1800-2000 and the economical result on the world. I went to grab the book and my hand brushed agents another I pulled my hand away and so did they I turned to see someone that made me smile without realising.

"Hi," I said with a friendly wave.

Sylvia just nodded back.

"You need this book too," I said pulling it off the shelf.

Another nod

"Well I only need to take notes from a few pages so how about this I take this book out register it under my name take the notes I need at first break then hand you the book at lunch and you can keep it for the week and give it back to me on Friday so I can return it... cool," I said.

She was still for a few minutes going over what I had said in her head before nodding.

I took the book to the librarian and checked it out for the week and then felt arms rest on my shoulders from behind I turned and smiled when I saw it was Danna she does that sometimes. She looked at me then at the book and remembered I had told her to find me here before the first bell she then looked back and smiled as we left the library.

"So I know you need the book for a few pages but why did you check it out for the whole week seems too long to me," Danna asked as we walked.

"Oh well get this just as I went to grab the book and my hand brush agents another I pulled my hand away and so did they I turned to see Sylvia there she need the book too so I said I would take this book out register it under my name take the notes I need at first brake then hand her the book at lunch and she can keep it for the week and give it back to me on Friday so I can return it," I said.

"Oh yeah you two friends now," Danna asked.

"Naa I have only talked to her a total of three times, in all honesty, I hardly know her but I would like to be friends," I said.

"Well just don't forget us," Danna said in her maty she had to jokingly mock me.

"Sure," I said humouring her.

We got to our first class and we spent most of it just chit-chatting and messing about I mean is there anything else to do in art class when you have three weeks to show what you can do. Me and Danna are working on our project together we are making a 3D model of a band using a special type of wire for a frame which we will then cover in paper mashy to give it a body. Finally painting it to give it life as our teacher said now yes that sound like a lot of work but we were on the paper mashy part and that its the easy part, not much work required. I looked around and saw that Sylvia was making some kind of collage I got up since we didn't have to stay in our seats and went to take a peek at what she was up to. When I got there my eyes widened she wasn't just making a collage she was making a collage of a flower in full bloom made out of are those petals this girl may not talk but she is damn creative.

"It's beautiful," I said.

She juped not realising I was behind her she turned slowly and relaxed when she saw me.

"I said it beautiful really," I said.

She went to her bag a shuffled around for something before pulling out a pen and pad and then wrote something down she tuned it to me and it said "thank you" on it.

"Your welcome," I said smiling.

"She is good," I said sitting back down.

"Oh yeah, what's she doing?" Danna asked in a disapproving tone.

"You say that like you don't want to know," I said.

"Oh yeah, people tell me that's how I sound when I am just curious and not actually interested," Danna said.

"Then why are you asking if you're not interested," I said.

"You heard me I'm just curious," Danna said.

"Actually I think the best way to see her creation is to just go over and take a look so go and trust me you won't be disappointed," I said.

"Fine" Danna said getting up.

"Soooo whaddya think," I said as Danna sat back down.

"Honestly I wasn't expecting that from her," Danna said.

"Really starting to dislike you Danna," I said.

"Whoa, where did that come from," Dann asked.

"The way you talk about Sylvia like she deserves to be ignored or underestimated or she's not worth anyone's time tell me why do you have something against her did she do something to piss you off," I asked.

"No," Danna said.

"Then what, what is your problem with her," I asked.

"She's just better ever since I came to this school I had planned on being the best top scores, perfect grades, captain of a sports team well I guess I got that one but I realised sports wasn't my thing so I quit but her I watched her and everything that I work my ass off for it just comes so easily to her and she doesn't even speak so she can't ask for help or ask if she is right or wrong, I wish I had natural talent like that" Danna said and as she did I realised she was right despite the fact that she can't speak she is great at everything and she makes it look effortless.

"And that pisses you off because...," I asked.

"Uhhhh don't judge me for this but I have narrowed it down to an inferiority complex," Danna said.

"Wow most people wouldn't admit to that thanks for telling me I guess," I said.

"Your welcome," I said.

"All right class time to pack up those macking 3D models put them over to the right and be careful," Said the teacher.

"I got this," I said lifting up the model and carefully placing it on the side before grabbing my stuff.

"Ready," Dann asked.

"Yeah," I said nodding with a smile as we left class.