[SF] {AG} Wildest Dreams (1/2)

Tw: HE IS BACK. THE BABY. HE HAS RETURNED. Slight infidelity??? Ugh so much pain and torment, but so sweet and endearing at the same time. Kingdom customs; marriage for alliances/forced marriages. Kili is sad. You are sad. Life is cruel.

GN!Reader

Summary: From the moment he met you, he knew he wanted to marry you. And from the moment you saw him, you knew you'd let him. But growing older wasn't fun. Especially when you were promised to another. And now you and Kili have to deal with the aftermath of it.

----

"He said, "Let's get out of this town Drive out of the city, away from the crowds"."

There was something so deeply enchanting and captivating about that single voice you long to hear all day. That particular pair of arms you had been longing for since the sun rose. To be with the only person in the world, who knew you better than you knew yourself.

Long minutes turned into long hours, but the moment you set foot in your chambers, he had stood there; hair disheveled, eyes droopy, shoulders fallen, but he had stood there. Exhaustion carved into his features, though you were sure you looked no different.

"Come with me," he had called. You knew better than to object.

You had found a little place, just below Ravenhill, months ago. Where snow fell, but temperatures weren't freezing. Where the cold had turned water to ice, but left its rocky surfaces intact. You and Kili had come there often since the rebuilding of Erebor. A little place to run from the crowds surrounding you all day. A moment to finally breathe.

"I thought Heaven can't help me now Nothing lasts forever But this is gonna take me down."

The second both of you touched the familiar grounds, your bodies hit the frosted flake-covered floor, a content sigh escaping both your lips at the same time.

There were no whispers in the air. No commands, nor questions. No busy footsteps, or searching eyes. There was wind, and the far-away song of the birds. There was the sound of trees moving with the wind, dropping snow on the ground, and there was his laugh.

Turning your head to the left, you stared at him. Where his sudden joy came from, you could not tell, but it made you smile as well.

"What is so funny?" You wondered.

His head turned to yours, the crinkles by his eyes filling your heart with a warm feeling. His hand reached yours, lacing your pinky with his, before taking your entire hand.

"It's so silent." He whispered, as if he dared not to disturb the air.

His other hand extended towards your body, silently ushering for you to come closer. And you obeyed his quiet words. Setting your head atop his chest, you looked up at the sky. The snow had stopped hours ago, but the clouds still hung in the air, nearly obscuring the sun. It had been late, that much you knew, but you had moments before it would get dark. And you were peaceful laying where you were.

"He's so tall and handsome as hell He's so bad, but he does it so well I can see the end as it begins."

"Can we not stay like this forever?" He mumbled, letting his free hand run through your hair, fiddling with the ends of it, unspoken wishes dying on his tongue.

"Frozen on the floor?" You tried to joke, looking up at him through a smile. But the mischievous look on his face had long disappeared.

"It would almost seem poetic." He uttered, his eyes set on the sky above him.