[FF] {H/C} A Moment Of Pure Solace

Tw: Not proofread (written over night. Oops). Mentions of battle and violence, description of wounds, though not necessarily blood. Mild ptsd. Bare chested Kili, but I don't think that's a warning👀.

Fem!Reader

Summary: When Thorin keeps mentioning Kili's injuries he suffered during the battle of the five armies, the dwarf retreats to his chamber, trying to heal his wounds even quicker. You find him there, and help him take care of himself.

----

"Darling?" You asked, knocking on the door of Kili's room. After Erebor had been reclaimed, the injured had not been little. And including them, was Kili. He had gotten a particularly hard blow during the battle of the five armies, but over the days, he seemed to heal.

Well, up until now. He had stormed out of dinner after complaining about his back continuously, but when Thorin decided to remind him to rest, he seemed to grow restless, and ran out of the room.

You had casted a quick apology Thorin's way, before rushing after Kili. But even with an aching back and a wounded leg, he still managed to outrun you.

So there you stood, in front of his door, silently begging for him to let you in. But he had yet to answer your knock.

"Kili." You repeated, resting your head against the door. When he remained silent once again, you reached for the knob, not yet twisting it, but preparing yourself for it.

"Say something if you don't want me to open this door."

And, like the other times - thankfully -, he did not utter a word. And with that, you allowed yourself to walk in, immediately closing the door behind you. But when you looked into the room, Kili was nowhere to be found.

"Kili?" You wondered, perplexed at the revelation, having expected to see him on his bed.

"Bathroom." A voice called, followed by a sharp hiss.

Without a moment of hesitation, you ran towards the sound, entering Kili's bathroom. And that's where you found him; sitting on the floor while his hands struggled to remove his shirt.

"Hey, hey!" You called, kneeling down beside him, laying your hands on his I'm order to lower them.

"Don't hurt yourself." You commanded, rubbing circles over his slightly bruised skin.

"I'm fine. It's nothing." Kili mumbled, looking down at his lap.

"Nothing?" You repeated. "Kili, you nearly died. I think it's not nothing."

He merely shrugged, trying to reach for his tunic again, but you stopped him halfway.

"At least let me help you." You tried to offer.

"Will you stop doting over me?" He shot back, his voice somewhat annoyed and angered. And you had not expected him to sound like that at all.

"I'm sorry." He followed quickly. "I'm not angry at you. I'm angry at myself."

Your eyes softened at his words, taking a seat next to him, gently laying your head on his shoulder.

"I should be healing instead of still suffering under the pain."

"Healing takes time, Kili." You whispered, wrapping yours hands around his arm, holding him close.

"Do not rush the process because you feel as if it is taking too long. And besides," you began, looking back up at the dwarf. "If you want me to stop doting over you, all you have to do is ask."