nineteen

"Doyoung!! Jae, he fainted." Xiaojun says, as Doyoung looks back.

"Oh my god, Jae... Jae.. call an ambulance! AMBULANCE!!!" Doyoung was now shaking in fear.

-

-

-

Now all of them were there in the hospital, Jeno was literally yelling at Jaehyun, "Hyung, wake up!!"

"Doctor, he has cerebral anuerysm. Please, help him." Jeno says as soon as he sees the doctor.

"Cerebral aneurysm?" Doyoung ask as Jeno just ignores him, picking up the call.

"Hello pa!" Jeno walks out as Doyoung stands there, his heart not in it's correct place.

---

"Excuse me? Doctor, how is he? is he okay?" Doyoung ask as soon as he sees the doctor coming inside.

"I would like to talk to the family member to discuss about his condition and you are...?" Doctor ask him.

"His husband." Doyoung says.

"Mr. Jeong, according to the results of MRI, the blood clot in his brain has got bigger. He has to undergo surgery as soon as possible."

"If he undergo that surgery, will that save him?" Doyoung ask the doctor.

"If the surgery is successful, he'll live a normal life but if not then, it might lead to coma or even death." Doctor says.

"Death?" Doyoung mumbles, eyes full of tears, his leg weakening.

"From my consultation with his neurologist, he has always refused to do the surgery from the day he has known about his sickness, you both need to discuss about this." The doctor says as Jaehyun squirms waking up.

"Doctor?" Jaehyun wakes up as Doyoung turns away from him, wiping his tears dry before looking at him.

"Yes, Mr. Jeong?" Doctor looks at him.

"Don't stress my beautiful husband." Jaehyun turns towards Doyoung, who smiles slightly at him wiping his tears.

"Doctor?" Jeno knocks at the door, "Can we talk?"

"My parents want him to fly back to Seoul as soon as he is stable." Jeno says as they walk outside the room.

"Okay, we'll arrange it."

---

Doyoung sobs holding Jaehyun's hand tight. Jaehyun lifts his chin making him match their eyes.

"I shouldn't be crying." Doyoung wipes his tears, "It will only stress you out." Doyoung wipes his tears dry as Jaehyun smiles at him subtly.

"You know," Jaehyun says, "The day we got married was the day I got to know about my sickness. That's why I was out getting drunk." 

"Also I attended the mass wedding project that day and as I watched them getting married, I felt jealous. I thought to myself, how does it feel to find your forever only? I didn't know that god will take me seriously and sent me you.  You, Doyoung. And you became my forever only." Jaehyun smiles at the crying Doyoung.

"Jae..." 

"And I had a taste of hope but then I lost it." Jaehyun looks away, "I didn't try to find you because I thought that was it. But.. I found you again and this time I couldn't let you go."

"You know, once you taste hope, you'll get addicted to it. That's why I didn't immediately told you about Xiaojun. For a moment, I was selfish. And for a moment I wanted more. I wanted you."

"Jae.." Doyoung tear drops again.

"Baby, I am sorry. I am sorry, I messed up your life. I am sorry, I messed up Jinyoung's life. I am very very sorry, Doyoung." Jaehyun's tear drops.

"You are really my forever only, Doyoung." Jaehyun stares him, "But I can't be yours forever. I am not the right person. I cannot give you the forever you deserve." Jaehyun then holds Doyoung's hand, kissing it for the first and the last time.

"W-whatever happens, I hope you'll find the will to live." Doyoung says, his voice wavering.