01

Maia and Elias strolled the halls of Auradon Prep and Ben motioned for them to follow.

"I have to get fitted for an outfit and I have something I want you to hear," Ben said.

"Can it wait?" Maia asked. "Elias and I were sort of in the middle of something."

Elias frowned. "Yeah, walking and doing nothing."

"Hey, walking is something."

Ben laughed softly. "Come on. Please? My parents are waiting. Rumor is they want to fit you in a dress and suit as well. Your parents' request."

"Do I, do we, have to?"

"Yes. Come on."

They made their way into another room and began getting fitted for outfits.

Queen Belle gestured to Maia's dress. It was a  lilac dress. She smiled. "How do you like it, Maia?"

Maia fingered the dress and returned her smile. "I actually like it a lot. A very similar color to my mom's."

"That's where we got the idea for yours from."

The tailors worked tirelessly in silence until they were nearly done.

Ben stared out the window at the Isle of the Lost. Secretly, Maia has always wondered what it was like there, having no magic or much of anything.

"Sleeve," Ben's tailor said. "Head. Ah-ha!"

King Beast looked at his son. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby."

"He's turning 16, dear," Queen Belle reminded him.

"Hey, pops," Ben called.

"Gosh!" King Beast exclaimed. "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

Queen Belle frowned. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot. Kidding. I'm only kidding."

Maia started laughing and soon lurched forward, causing her tailor to frown. "Lady Maia, you must stand straight!"

Maia did as instructed, once again staring at the Isle of the Lost. Elias, who was also getting fitted, followed his sister's gaze and stared at the Isle.

"Mom, Dad..." Ben called again.

His tailor frowned and let out a protest. "Ah! Nn-nnh!"

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Every time Maia, Elias and I look out to the island, we feel like they've been abandoned."

King Beast's eyes widened. "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?"

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them and Maia and Elias approve of my selection."

"Have you? Maia and Elias' approval doesn't mean much."

"It does to me, Dad. They're my friends."

Queen Belle smiled. "I gave you a chance. Who are their parents?"

Elias glanced at Ben before saying, "Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... and Maleficent."

The tailors let out a yelp and King Beast's eyes narrowed. "Maleficent! She's the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear us out!" Ben said.

King Beast frowned at his son. "I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."