12

"I'm back!" Maleficent sing-songed.

Mal shook her head. "It can't be. Go away, Mother."

Maleficent laughed. "She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop. No!"

"Bibbidi-bobbidi..." Fairy Godmother began.

"Boo," Maleficent finished, freezing everyone, except the VKs. "Psych." "Ooh. Ooh, in another time, in another time." She tilted Beast's glasses. "Evil like me, don't you wanna be mean... Ow! Oh. Oh, no." She looked to Fairy Godmother and said, "Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin? I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this." Ben's ring flew from my hand onto the wand. "Perfect fit! Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me." She ducked under Fairy Godmother's outstretched hand. "The horns, the horns. Aw... falling in love is weak... and ridiculous." She moved Ben's head to the left and moved Elias's head to the right. "It's not what you want."

Mal sized her mother up. "You don't know what I want! Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you!"

Maleficent scoffed. "Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and... years of practice being evil. You'll get there."

Mal shook her head. "No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!"

Mal glared and called for the wand. "And now I command, wand to my hand!" The wand glowed bright gold and was forced from Maleficent's hand to Mal's. "Ha! It worked!"

Maleficent scoffed once again. "I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!"

Carlos' eyes widened. "Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful than evil."

"Oh, please! You're killing me." Dude jumped onto Maleficent . "Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me! Gaston should be jealous." Jay ran up to her and was pushed down. "Enough! You will all regret this!"

She lunged, nearing her daughter, and Carlos pulled his friend away. "Come on. Run, Jay, run!"

Mal repeated, "Hurry, Jay. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Jay! Watch it, Jay. Jay, come on. Please! Jay! Jay!"

"Aah!" Jay cried.

"Magic mirror, show your bright light!" Evie exclaimed.

The light shined and Mal ordered, "Behind me, E! Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me, Mother. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!"

Maleficent screamed as she shrunk and everyone unfroze. "Oh!" Fairy Godmother cried.

Evie frowned. "What just happened?"

"I have no idea."

"Did you do it?"

Mal shook her head. "I don't know."

Fairy Godmother rushed up to the VKs. "No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why it's so itty-bitty."

Mal knelt next to her lizard mother. "Is she gonna be like that forever?"

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she."

Mal smiled and offered the wand to Fairy Godmother. "I believe this belongs to you."

Fairy Godmother smiled. "And I believe this... belongs to you." She picked up Ben's ring and handed it to Maia. "You all have earned yourselves an 'A' in goodness class. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

Ben was in beast mode. He roared and ran up to Maia. She placed her hands on his chest. "Okay, okay. It looks like they've kind of all got this wrapped up here."

Belle fixed Beast's glasses and Ben picked Maia up.

Elias embraced Mal and smiled. "Next time I rescue you, okay?"

Mal placed her hands on his shoulders before saying, "Yeah. Let's not let there be a next time, okay?"

Maia laughed softly. "As my mom once said..."

Ben cut her off. "In more or less words, damsel, distress, good day."

"How'd you know?"

"Because you love quoting that. And it's kind of one of her famous lines."

They hugged and Maia tilted his crown to the left and continued laughing.

She smiled at Mal and Elias who returned her smile and Mal walked up to Jane. Maia followed and stood next to Mal.

Fairy Godmother frowned at her daughter. "I love you, but you are on a major time-out."

Mal smiled at her. "Don't be too hard on Jane. I was the one who put all that crazy stuff in her head. I was. You are beautiful... inside and out. Your mom got that right."

Jane nodded. "I guess I did get pretty lucky in the mother department."

"Yeah, I guess so."

Maia smiled at Jane. "Your mom is pretty great you know. Parents aren't always fun, but they love us and want what's best for us."

Jane laughed and returned her smile. "Thanks, Maia."

The two of them curtised to Audrey, and she smiled at them.

Mal noticed the guards picking up the lizard. "Hey!"

"Help!" Lizard Maleficent cried.

"Careful! That's my mom!"

Jay grinned. "Well, let's get this party started!"

"Ohay ohay, hey!" the VKs cried.

[Set it Off]

They danced and enjoyed each other's company in the wake of the coronation and victory over evil while watching the fireworks.