Chapter 17: Kara and Lena

Kara looks around and sees her torn suit,
in her image of her own thoughts going through her head, as she realizes Lena was just trying to show her who Kara is to Lena and to everyone else. A single tear falls down the side of her face.

Lena walks towards Kara glass in her holding cell. "Kara, you okay?" Kara looks up from her pillow to see Lena is holding a bag of sticky buns, Kara smiles "Yeah just thinking about everything" Look down and seeing Lena's hand is now in a black cast verse the harden cast. "Well don't think too hard, we a lot to work on.. together.. I mean.. I should probably head back to L-Corp" Kara shook her head "Yeah, you should head on back" as Kara heart breaks into a million pieces not knowing if she can save her relationship with Lena ever again after permanently damaging Lena's hand.

Every day someone new came in to check on Kara, doctors, Alex, James and Winn. Lena only shows up for occasional sticky bun drop off. Kara not really sure of how much damage she has caused the city but also her friends. As far as Alex would tell her, Lex is still locked up far far underground where he will never see day light again only fluorescence lights, that pleases Kara a bit. "You know Kara, you could try to work things out with Lena, she seems to already forgiven you" Kara hesitantly spoke with tears in her eyes "Alex we both know.. it won't work, I completely fucked up, I should've listened to her from the beginning, instead.. I hurt the most important person to me.." Alex comforting her sister "It doesn't hurt to talk about it besides us and the doctors, she needs to know and understand" Kara sighs "Yeah, maybe you're right, but not now, the wounds are still fresh for the both of us".

Lena has physical therapy every day on her hand trying to gain as much strength she had before it was crushed by the woman she loved. At night when she's at home, she cries, she drinks, and she soaks in a hot bath. She can barely sleep every time she does she sees her Kara trying to kill her again, not to sure if it'll happen again. Lena's hand is getting better each week the scar from the heat vision is permanent on her chest, the black streaks flow down to her waist. She has to make sure her dresses and suits cover up her scars as much as possible.

Lena waits as the large elevator doors open to the DEO signing into the clipboard to see Kara once more with her sticky buns and sugary drinks. Shaken by what happened weeks ago, she trembles as the door opens up and she sees Kara reading a book crossed Indian style on the bed "Lena! Hey! How are you doing?" Lena still not sure how to handle Kara's enthusiastic reaction "I'm fine, you?" Kara eyes gleam with joy "Good now that you are here" Lena smiles Kara favorite smile "Well I'm glad I can make your day, I was wondering if we can talk, mind if we sit together?" Kara is sure that this is going to a difficult discussion "Sure" DEO agents have them sitting at a table across from each other.

"I want you to come home Kara, Hank told me you were allowed to leave a few days ago"

"I don't think it's the right time for me to come back" Kara calmly explained

"Kara staying here, is not going to save the city, a city you swore to protect"

"A city I destroyed weeks back.." Kara looks down at her own hands, hands that has been broken a city to crumble.

"And the city has healed, we all have." Lena tries to give Kara her favorite smile

"Lena I can hear your heart, you're lying, you haven't healed from me, so why come to a home knowing that you are afraid for me?" Kara reaches for Lena's hand but Lena pulls away quickly without thinking
"See you're still afraid for me to touch you."

"Kara people still need you, I still need you.." Lena eyes start to tear up "just give me time to allow to be loved by you again" Kara is silent again. She agreed but Kara stayed in Lena's guest room.