Chapter 21: Chains

Kara skipped quietly in Lena's room leaving rose petals in a heart shape, with a perfectly sparkling candle going, waiting for Lena to get home from a long day at work, she planned everything while passively listening to Ms. Grant talk about her lunch being too cold for a salad.

Lena got ready to put away her laptop, and packing her purse when her phone vibrates, she quickly looks at her annoyed because she's ready to head phone

Lillian: Good Morning dear, I will be stopping by the office to discuss a project I'm working on see you soon

Lena rolled her eyes and slammed her purse back on the desk and poured herself a glass of scotch before scarfing two down shots, waiting for Lillian to show up

"Lena, I brought your favorite bottle of wine" Lena looked at Lillian with daggers highly not impressed to see the lady who always chosen her second hand "whatever you need Lillian, the answer is no" Lillian smiles at Lena "I figured you would say that, so I am going to hand you this file, you can decide to help or be against this, and your funding for this building will be gone" Lena rolled her eyes at Lillian with an empty threat "Lillian you know I make enough to buy you and Lex out of this office, don't throw me the low threat knowing it won't do any good". Lillian left the file on Lena's desk and walked out of the office.

Lena finally made it home seeing a warm dinner that Kara obliviously grabbed from a different part of the world "Hey!" Kara walked up to Lena and kissed her as she took Lena's purse "what's wrong?" Kara can hear her heart beat not as fast as usual when she sees Kara "Lillian.." Kara held her composure so Lena didn't see Kara jaw clenched "it's fine Kara, I will" Kara stopped Lena "No let's talk it out please" Lena sighed knowing Kara won't give up on the subject "She wants me to work on this project for her, and I'm just annoyed, why is she like this?'.

Kara hears a loud bomb go off, and looks at the sky and sees something falling from the stars, she takes off after giving Lena an apology look on her face, Lena smiled her usual smile. Kara and Hank reached the object as it lands Kara pauses for a minute and sees its a krypton pod "Kara be careful.. you don't know what it could be" Kara ripped the hatch open and sees a young male peacefully sleeping "Hank we have a problem".

They rushed the pod and the young male to the DEO, as they hook him up to the monitors to make sure he is stable enough, "what do you think? Kryptonian?" Hank asks "I'm not sure but the needle snaps off like Kara's skin does" Alex let him know. Kara stays looking below from the glass as Hank and her meet eye to eye and she walks down to the med bay "he could be but I never met him before, I would've remembered" Hank nodded in agreement "so possibly not Kryptonian?' Kara nodded with a certain look on her face.  They handcuffed him to the bed to make sure, power dampeners at least, until he wakes up from his sleep.