Chapter 46 Sirus

I have waited patiently all day for the idiots to go off and be heroes and walk into a massacre. The reality is, if we want to get somewhere in this cluster fuck, I am going to have to take matters into my own hands. However, they have made things more complicated by bringing me with them on their little suicide mission. I'd already been on one of these and I don't plan on doing it again. But now, thanks to my little side trip, I am going to have to switch my plans up. I sit chained and gagged to a giant tree because they can't stand to hear me spouting the truth. They won't even contemplate that I am right, they all think I'm mad. I manage to kick an acorn at the hound's head as he paces restlessly. He immediately snarls and stomps over, yanking my gag out.

"When they march, you and Max need to stay close to me. Tell the others you will stay to protect Max and guard me," I rush out. He gives me a strange look.

"Why would I want to do that?" He asks carefully.

"If you want to win this war and get the girl, it would really be in your best interest."

"I don't want a girl!' He growls.

"Not any girl, you muppet! Our girl. Eve. I know you all think I'm crazier than shit, but I'm asking you to trust me like you guys did when you switched sides. Please find a way to stay behind with us. Oh, you can put the gag back now too, I'm done saying what I need to," I tell him, opening my mouth and waiting patiently while the brute places my gag back in place. He walks away, but I see him glancing back at me frequently, perplexed.

At one point while he's glancing at me, Poppy goes up and pats his shoulder reassuringly. He looks at her and she winks before she wanders off again. His head jerks from me to Poppy and back again. Suddenly he nods discreetly at me and I fight the urge to jump up and down like a cheerleader who has had too much caffeine. He stalks over to where Max sits wrapped in a blanket and talks quietly to him. Max's eyes widen and look from the hound to the Oracle, before darting to me.

My heart soars. I'm right! I'm fucking right. I knew something was off and Poppy has somehow managed to give the hellhound a clue. Max nods his head quickly at Acassus and Acassus wanders over to the double d's. The nickname is fitting since they are both a pair of boobs. Acassus motions to Max and myself as he talks to them. Darius is looking at him confused, but Devlin is nodding and stroking his jaw like he actually understands whatever bullshit the hound is spouting about staying behind. Haha, suckers! Acassus shoots me the thumbs up as he walks back to Max. I lay back and relax, now the wheels are set in motion.

The hours drag on and then the dragons start to transform, witches clambering onto their backs to drop their spells. Portals begin to open for the waiting teams. Fuck yes! It's nearly time. I raise an eyebrow as Luka strides toward me and yanks out the gag.

"We are moving out now, we will avenge your daughter or die trying. Acassus is staying behind. He will take you and Max to safety if or when it all goes pear-shaped. You are the new vampire King, so if we fail - then you better get your shit together. Merge your people with ours and do your best to take out Belestine," Luka tells me with a serious, brave face. I giggle and he looks at me worriedly.

"I'll let you in on a little secret," I tell him. "I will not be the King, and neither will you."

"Who will then?" He asks confused. I grin and he shudders. Have I got something in my teeth?

"I'll see you soon and show you. Don't get killed in the meantime," I say.

Luka shakes his head at me scowling and shoves the gag back in, as he stomps away to his team. I watch him muttering about me being 'fucking nuts' and I laugh harder. Well, truthfully he isn't wrong, but he forgets I'm also smart. Crazy smart.

Acassus hurries over carrying Max, as the last portal closes and the sound of booms rattle over the nearby hills. The final battle has begun at sunset and the moon is just peeking its head out. A waning moon, just like the prophecy said. Acassus rips my gag out.

"Talk fast," he growls, on edge.

"Your link to Eve when she died, what did it do?"

He swallows hard.

"It was already limp from the drugs, it shriveled suddenly like a worm dried out in the sun. It hurt."

"Yet you could all still talk and move. The bond didn't snap as it does with the death of your mate. Because she's not dead," I explain. Max rolls his eyes.

"Carino checked-" he starts, but I interrupt.

"Yes, he was right, but not entirely. Werewolves can die from massive injuries that they can't heal fast enough. In vampires, you need to destroy the heart or head. Both types of Fae, Lycans and Dragons are heart or head and Witches are the same as werewolves, if not easier to kill. But Demons are head only. Her neck was broken, but her head was not destroyed nor separated from her body. The heart injury has her in limbo and I think I can get her out of it," I inform them smugly. "Think of the prophecy, two will fall but one will rise and another will step forward to answer the call. Max answered the call after Reece died, Eve fell but needs to rise."

"Fuck!" Acassus groans. "We gotta get her out, like now!"

"Exactly. So here's what's going to happen. You're going to set me free, we are all going to go and dig my daughter up. We are going to remove any shards still in her heart. We are going to pour blood on her heart to jump-start it and align her neck, so it can heal. We will feed her and then we will help her claim Max because frankly, he's going to need it. A small breeze could knock him on his ass right now, and then we finish this fucking war. Do you both understand?" They nod, looking both hopeful and horrified. I sigh. "Lose these chains, genius. I want to get Eve to the battlefield while there are still people to save." Acassus fumbles for the keys and quickly unlocks me. "Right, give me a sec to blur to the town on the edge and gorge myself like a tick. I need to make sure I have enough to share with Eve. You two eat up while I'm gone, so your bodies are fuelled. I'll be twenty minutes tops." I blur away before they can answer.

I race through the trees, aiming for the town on the edge of the vampire territory. The human township is perfect for grab-and-go meals. I stop on a street and spot a strong, healthy-looking young man working in the smithy. He will do. He seems healthy enough and in his prime. I blur and bite, overcoming the man with lust. I'm going to drain him dry, so the poor sap may as well go out smiling. I drink fast, becoming almost uncomfortably full as I suck his life force from him. I hold his weight as he slumps, groaning as his head grows light and his lust overwhelms him. His muscles tighten as he cums hard and I drain the last of him. I let him drop to the floor and blur my overfull ass back to where the boys wait.

I announce my presence by belching loudly and laugh when they jump. Acassus thumps Max's back as he chokes on the apple he was chewing. Hopeless. Oh well, I'll work with what I've got.

"Fancy opening a portal back to the gravesite for us?" I ask Acassus, clapping my hands excitedly. I can't wait to see my daughter kick ass and have that little bitch Belestine groveling on his knees. I'm pissed my father didn't last long enough to see Eve's glorious resurrection and the shit storm she will rain down on her enemies. I would have paid big bucks just to have seen his face.

Acassus opens the portal and I step through.

Time to wake sleeping beauty.