•Chapter 14•

"Come on, Donghyuck. Cheer up," Jaemin whined, pulling the older's arm as he jumped.

"Why hasn't my soulmate come to me yet?" Donghyuck complained on their way to work. They had just finished checking in on his grandparents.

"He's probably looking for you," Jaemin made up, practically dragging the older to the pub.

"You think? You sure he didn't just look at me and go 'oh hell no' and leave to Narnia," Donghyuck dramatically spoke while Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"My grandma told me that you don't start to feel the distant affect from your soulmate unless you physically touched when both our tattoos have been formed," Donghyuck concluded as Jaemin hit him lightly in the back of his head.

"Idiot. He didn't do that. That's not what's happening," Jaemin scolded.

"Oh what do you know?" Donghyuck sulked, running away to pub like a child who did not get their way. Jaemin clicked his tongue and followed him.

How could Donghyuck miss someone he never even met?

Today, he wore a white shirt that was tucked into his belted ripped blue jeans. The weather was quite humid and the sun was beaming down on them which made it feel extra hot.

Jaemin wore a white short sleeved button up and blue washed jeans.

They arrived at the pub, Donghyuck unlocked the french doors of the smaller building. Like any other day, they turned up the music on the jukebox and waited for customers.

Someone entered the pub, particularly a male with a mask covering his face and a hood up. Donghyuck and Jaemin glanced at each other for a second before averting their gaze back to the figure.

Donghyuck skeptically walked from behind the counter, "Hello, sir. Welcome, what can I get for you today?"

The male did not answer and approached Donghyuck who swallowed a lump in his throat. However, instead of showing his fear, he gave a smile.

"Aren't you overheating with all that on? Please remove your hood. It's for security reasons," Donghyuck kindly spoke even though in the inside, he was shaking.

The man ignored him again and instead, observes the pub before meeting his weary sharp eyes with Donghyuck's. That made Donghyuck flinch just a tad.

The man's eyes were scary and they were red, his pupils were too dilated. Donghyuck understood the situation. The man was drugged, specifically high.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave if you don't remove your hood," Donghyuck warned as the man stepped back a little with a stumble.

The man finally pulled his hood down and Donghyuck took a scan of his face. His right eye had a scar going down it and he had long black messy hair.

Donghyuck felt his heartbeat quicken at of fright and he wondered what this man had done to get a nasty looking scar like that.

"Thank you for your cooperation. Would you like anything to drink? Can I start you off with some water?" Donghyuck asked. He wanted to wash whatever drug that was in his body the best he could so all he could think of was water.

There was no response and Jaemin observed the interaction carefully, ready to dial the authorities if something were to take place.

"I'll start you off with some water. It's on the house," Donghyuck kept his smile as he turned around to walk behind the counter.

But a fist of his shirt was grabbed from the back of his collar, making him choke from the tightness.

Jaemin dialed the police and quickly ran over to try to remove the man's grasp. But the man was so freakishly strong with the drugs in his system.