My Family

Ambrose's POV

I had let jealousy take control of me again and almost destroyed everything I'd built with Victoria. I think I'm losing my mind. "You look tense, Everything ok?", Raphael asked as he walked into my office, The boy doesn't know what knocking was even if it was written right in front of him. "My PI sent me photos of Allen and Victoria yesterday and I freaked out".

"What? So Gaby did pull it off, huh! So what? Are you going to forgive him?", he asked as if he did not just agree to knowing Gaby's plans. "Wait, you knew about it and didn't tell me?", I asked in shock. "Yes, we all did but didn't expect Allen to agree to it considering he has been ghosting us since the vineyard vacay", he said pouring some whiskey. There was a knock on the door then my assistant took a peak. "Sir, Allen is here to see you", she said with a smile, I then turned to Raphael who drank his whiskey in one go and then left as his brother entered.

"Hey Dad, do you have a second", "Of course have a seat", I said and went to sit next to him. "I just came to say that I support you and I'm sorry", he said looking at his feet I knew it was hard for him to accept this truth but I had to know what changed. "What changed?", I asked making him look up. "The event you went to with Victoria. The things you said about her", he swallowed hard then continued, "The way she looked at you when you got off that stage. I might have not believed that she really loved you but what I saw in her eyes that day was true love. I'm sure because she looked at me that way once and I was too stupid to hold on to it", he sniffed making me pull him in a hug.

The last time I saw Allen cry was when he hurt himself while riding a bicycle and that was ages ago. Never in a million years did I ever think I would see him this way. He is my pride and joy and even though Freja has been feeding him poison, making him hate me with passion, I still loved him the most. He always made me want to be better and when I made proposals and banks shut me down, he was there to cheer me up. He was too young to remember but all those moments of playing with car toys or eating ice cream or playing football even though we both sucked made me feel like I was the best father in the world. "I love you, son, more than you will ever know", "I love you too Dad and I'm sorry for everything", he said making me hug him tighter.

"It worked! Oh my god it worked!", Gaby cheered from the door making Allen pull back to wipe his tears so his young sister wouldn't see him. "You know it's ok if she sees you cry right?", I teased making Gaby's eyes go wide. "I wasn't crying Dad", he said through his teeth as if warning me not to embarrass him more. "My bad. Hi princess", kissing Gaby's forehead.

"Hi Dad, I came to talk to you about this but I guess fate beat me to it", she said gesturing towards Allen and i. "Call Raph and Simone to come home for a barbecue, I'm cooking", I told Gaby who started making calls the moment I mentioned barbecue. "I can't, I mean I don't want to intervene", Allen said avoiding the obvious. "Don't worry, she won't mind. Now let's go", I said ushering them out of my office.

"Beer?", I asked my boys as they sat by the kitchen counter being useless. "Yes please", Raphael said pulling out his phone. "Didn't ask for a pass from the Mrs?", Allen teased his brother making me smile. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves we haven't even figured out the date yet", he said diverting the topic. "What? Do you at least know where you wanna get married or what you're going to wear?", Simone asked looking lost. Raphael scratched the back of his head. "Unbelievable, Dad say something before I murder him", I pretended not to hear as I continued seasoning the steaks.

"What's with the commotion?", Victoria asked from the kitchen entrance. "This idiot proposed and he doesn't have a date of the wedding, know what he's going to wear or where he's getting married, can you believe it?", Simone fumed making Victoria stare in shock then recovered quickly. "Wait, maybe he doesn't have to because he has you and your mother to help him out. You own the biggest boutique in the city, do you want to tell me that you can't find him a suit or your sister-in-law a dress? Your mother is an event planner I mean, come on", she said matter-of-factly as she walked towards me and kissed my cheek. "Hey baby", "Hey Kitten", I replied then kissed her temple. She greeted the rest of the gang including Allen then went to our room to change.

"She's glowing", "What do you mean?", "I mean something about her is different, do you think she's pregnant?", "I don't think so, I mean After what happened last time it will be awesome if she is", The girls were talking, and at the mention of the word pregnancy Allen got tense.

"What do you mean last time? What happened?", he asked making Simone turn to me. I nod, giving her the go-ahead to tell him what happened and he looks hurt. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you Dad", he said making me smile. "You're here now. Help me with these please", I told him pointing at the rest of the steaks. I went to the barbecue stove and started putting the steaks on the grill while Allen and the rest of my kids did what they did best, WATCH.

"It smells amazing out here", Victoria said walking towards us, she looked very sexy in her hot pants and t-shirt, my t-shirt. "Look at you, you look gorgeous", Gaby said making her raise a brow. "Yap you're right", Raphael said making me chuckle while shaking my head. These kids have lost their minds.

"What's going on?", she asked after hugging me from behind. "They are betting on whether or not you're pregnant", i said then pulled her to my front. "Which side are you on?", she asked mischievously.