Chapter:11

I am squealing at the fanart.

____________

Author's POV:

"So Taehyung-ssi, I suppose Jungkook has told you about everything." Jungkook's father says, his mocking gaze directed at Tae, as they all settle for the breakfast.

Jungkook sees Tae stiffening by his side.
A gentle hand rests on Tae's clothed knee, putting an end to the latter's rolling thoughts.

That foreign feeling...
It's back in Tae's stomach.

He takes a deep breath. It's not the time to act on impulse.He has to be careful with his words from now on. His anger could destroy their plan..

So he reluctantly welcomes a generous (fake) smile on his face. "Yes Mr. Jeon" he then steals a glance at Jungkook who just squeezed his knee in reassurance, smile becoming genuine for a second before it turns fake again when he looks ahead "it would be a pleasure to have Jungkook-ssi working alongside me" he says and digs into his food.. nonchalantly.

Mr. Jeon eyes the duo in front of him suspiciously.. Tae's response was not quite what he expected.

He couldn't understand why Taehyung would be okay with all this. The young CEO didn't look that dumb. He thought he will give him a tough time..

When Tae saw that Mr. Jeon was doubtful of his statement, he purposely screeched his chair back as he stood up muttering "Excuse Me", and walking off.

He had to show he was definitely not okay with this. As he is supposed to be..

A certain raven haired couldn't help but give off a small smile at Tae's acting, while sipping on his banana milk.

"Listen here Jungkook" his father calls him sternly.
"You will be my eyes and ears in KIM Enterprises. I want every single information through you. You hear me?"

"You wish", Jungkook mumbles, fighting the urge to roll his eyes.

"What did you say?" His father barked.

"I said As you wish, father" he smiles oh so sweetly.

"Don't even think about going against me, son." Mr Jeon leans ahead , lowering his voice to intimidate younger boy"You and I both know it won't end well"

Jungkook kept silent.

"Let him be for once..I assure you, if he said, he won't go against you, then he won't." Aerum who was silent up until now pipes in before Mr Jeon can further torture her son. Well she has a slight idea what Jungkook and Tae can be upto.

But she can't reveal that to her husband..now can she?

"Useless child" Mr Jeon spat shooting an aggressive glare at Kook that made him unconsiously sunk in his seat..

Aerum feels helpless at seeing how Jungkook is effecting by this repeated degrading.. that too by his own father.

She regards Jungkook with a sympathetic smile.. an apology written on her face at which Kook just nods and gets up to leave.

If one thing that Jungkook has learned in all these years. It is to never argue back and just leave whenever his father starts his rebuking. Which is basically every minute of the day he is in his father's presence.

But it doesn't mean these words don't break Jungkook..

They always do.

He is holding up well somehow.

___________

As Tae returns back in their room to get ready for the office.

He remembers Jungkook has to go with him today. As Co-CEO.

Jungkook.
This boy has weird effect on Tae.

"You look best when you are you"

His words from the night, repeating over and over in his head.

And that's how Tae found himself thinking back to the moment when his husband's warm hand enclosed his knee...

Fuck. Those. Tingles.

They should stop.
Becuz it's stupid.
But they don't.

Everytime. He. Is. Near.

Can't blam Tae. When you go so long, feeling cold and detached, then some complete stranger ignites the dormant feelings... you thought were gone forever. You can't help but ravel in the smiles meant for you, the laughter that undeniably sounds so beautiful you can't help but be addicted to it..

I feel like he knew me, Tae thinks,

And he rarely felt that from anyone.

_________

Taehyung's POV:

"Jungkook you ready?" I ask, as I sit on the couch, putting on my shoes.

The atmosphere in the room is oddly domestic as both of us get ready for the office..

"Yep I am" comes his voice as he walks over to me now standing just in front of me.

"Do you think we should go in the same car?" I question, but my focus is still downwards on my feet, cuz I am not done with my shoes yet.

A moment passes,
He doesn't reply..
I can feel his stare on me..

So I finally look up... but only to get my breath struck in my throat..

His eyes collided with mine..

Why he looks at me as if I mean something to him?

And is he even the same Jungkook?????

He looks...well, damn.

Did I just check him out??

I abruptly look down in embarrassment..I am positive I have a red hue on my cheeks..

But wasn't he doing the same? JUST NOW?

That gave me confidence and I looked up again.

But this time to witness him grinning..
Oh God. Dimples.
He's easily the most attractive sight I have ever witnessed..

_________

Jungkook's POV:

We were going to his office in the same car. My car.
I drove.
He sat in the passenger seat.
Not talking, either scrolling through his phone or just looking out of the window time to time

I stole glances at him once in a while, hoping he wouldn't notice..

I see his eyes shine at one particular shop as we stop at signal.

A bookstore.

It hits me. The reminder.

Taehyung used to read novels all the time in high school.

I don't need to confirm if he still wants to buy books.

His longing look says it all

I take a glance at my watch. We have 10 spare minutes.
I start to park the car at the side of road.

"What are you doing?" He turns to face me..

"We are going to a bookstore." I grab my wallet and take out the key.

"A bookstore? You even read?" He asks

"Nah" I smile "But you do"

___________