Chapter:22

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey guys do you remember me? Yeah it's me.. Author of Let me Love you. Rings a bell? No?? *sad pout* well if you forgot the storyline of my ff. No worries. Read it again from the start. Cuz from now on.. I am gonna update very frequently and that's a pinky promise.

Must read:  Have you guys thought why Tae's personality changed so drastically?
You will get to know eventually.

Author's POV:

"H-hello Dad..." His shaky voice said, "you must be wondering why I was not here yesterday"

Tae looked up at the cloudless sky. Startling, bright blue today. He felt the warm water pooling at the corner of his eyes but before it could trickle down, he thumbed it away.

"I am sorry" he kept his eyes away from the tombstone, afraid he might not be able to speak if he stared ahead right at it. "I didn't have enough courage to come here yesterday. I feel so guilty Dad. I don't know where to go with this heaviness in my chest. I can't feel peace ever since you left me. It's been one year and yet I can't find it in me to forgive myself."

He takes deep breaths in a desparate attempt to somehow calm himself down. His eyes feel like burning and his heart feels like shattering at the same time.

He takes the risk of glancing at the right side where the tombstone of his mother lies. And his whole being breaks all over again. "I w-wish I was the one who had died that day in hospital instead of you mom. Then maybe you and Dad would've been alive now. Living happily just like you two deserved. You both certainly didn't deserve a son like me."

He seated himself down. Cold breeze rustled through his silverish locks. He felt quite chilly in the open area so he hugged his knees close to his chest hoping it would be enough to provide some kind of warmth to himself. His chin rested over his knees as his hands aimlessly started to pluck the grass off while he poured his heart out to his parents.

"Mom, Dad.. I feel so lost. I feel so incapable. It's like everything is slowly slipping out of my hands. Our campany that Dad put his everything in to make it to the top is now dropping lower and lower. I thought I could prevent it but I only made it worse by letting  another company owner get it's hands on it. As if it was not all, I had to sign a contract where I was lawfully wedded to his son.."

"His son is now my husband.." Tae breathed out softly.. a ton of thoughts ready to be out. He felt like telling every little thing about Jungkook.. he so desparately craved for a family with whom he could share everything about his married life--or just everything in general. He could get their opinions.. their teasings.. their judgments...even their scoldings would have been a blessing.

If only he had a family.

No sooner than this miserable thought penetrated his mind, he heard his phone ring from his back pocket.

As if someone wanted to deny that statement..

He took the device out half heartedly, his eyes tracing the name written on screen. Jungkook.

Tae knew if he left it just like that, Jungkook's probably gonna get worried about him. So he picked it up.

"Tae"

"Hmm"

"sorry if you were busy."

"No it's fine. I was not. Why did you call anyway?

"Oh actually you see it's quarter past 3. And you are home by 2 mostly. So it's just.... it was mom actually. RIGHT MOM?" Jungkook nudged his mother who was watching TV and now gave him side eye at his fat ass lie. But Jungkook pleaded with his eyes so she just sighed and came closer so Tae could hear her.