Chapter:43

Is anyone still reading LMLY?👀

____________

Author's POV:

Young CEO stood in front of the full length mirror inside his bedroom, a sense of urgency in his every movement. His phone was nestled clumsily between his shoulder and ear, leaving his hands free—but not quite, as he fumbled with the cuffs of his white shirt. 

It hung open, revealing Taehyung's toned chest. His brows were furrowed, and his voice carried a sharp edge of focus as he discussed something important over the phone. 

"Yes, I'll be there shortly. Just finalize the details for the time being." he said, his fingers struggling to secure the small buttons. One side escaping from his grasp, over and over. His hands were shaking slightly as he tried to rush and multitask—his unbuttoned shirt slipping off one shoulder, only adding to the already piled up frustration.

Just as his patience-o-meter was about to break, the door creaked open, accompanied by the sound of gentle footsteps.

Jungkook's eyes widened the moment they fell on his husband, who was standing there with his shirt half open, completely oblivious. However, instead of staring, brunette quickly dropped his gaze to the floor, his ears turning pink as he tried to compose himself. Keyword: tried.

Sure they had kissed before. Many times. More than one could on their fingers  Sometimes it would be just sweet pecks here and there but other times..situation would escalate far enough to be called a make out. Despite that, they had never seen each other shirtless even. Would always change and shower separately. It meant that Jungkook had never seen Taehyung like this before and neither was he sure if he had his husband's consent to see him in this state with his upper body showing...not yet, at least.

"Uh, Tae... breakfast is ready," Jungkook muttered quickly, his voice barely above a whisper, almost shy. He shifted on his feet, trying not to look directly at his husband and keep his eyes glued to the floor. Unintentionally though, his peripheral vision caught the soft curves of Taehyung's bare skin and his heart raced uncontrollably in his chest at that. He bit his lip harshly, unsure of what to do with himself.

"How many times I have made it clear that I don't have enough time to review everything, all over again?" Taehyung, still too engrossed in his call, didn't notice Jungkook's fluster. Silverhead's dainty fingers continued to fumble, the cuffs refusing to cooperate. 

Jungkook did not know whether he should help Tae with his struggle or simply leave the room, for the sake of his husband's privacy. With a soft sigh, he finally decided to go with the latter..but unfortunately for Jungkook, fate had other plans....

"Koo, help me with this," Tae absentmindedly extended his arm in Jungkook's direction, too focused on the phone conversation to realise what he was asking or should we say what he was exposing...

Jungkook's breath caught in his throat as he saw Taehyung's arm outstretched towards him. His heart skipped a beat, and he froze for a moment, unsure of what to do. 

Then he blinked. Once. Twice. His eyes flickering nervously from Tae's arm to his face. His hands hovered uncertainly before him, considering whether it was appropriate to reach out or not. His gaze darted everywhere--anywhere but Tae's skin.

Noticing the lack of response from the younger, Tae gave a tug to his arm, his eyes urging Jungkook to hurry.

Guess brunette had no choice now....he took a deep breath before finally taking a step forward and grabbing an almost hesitant hold of Tae's wrist.