Chapter:8

Author's POV:

The strong smell of toast and butter overwhelms Tae as he steps out of the bedroom---Jungkook's bedroom.

He is so very much hungry and his stomach quite agrees by producing a gurgling sound at the same time.

Walking downstairs, his eyes drift to the kitchen where Aerum is standing along with couple of other women, probably helpers.

Aerum lets out a soft chuckle as she witnesses Taehyung's clueless state.

It's his first day in here after all.

"Breakfast is readyy" she chirps, taking Taehyung's attention.

Tae feels a little.. just a tiny bit embarrased at waking up so late.. what would they think?

Is he that irresponsible?

But again he isn't here to impress anyone. So-- he shouldn't care. Right?

He tries to appear confident, but his subconscious worried expressions gives him away.

"You can take a seat here, Tae." Aerum says from kitchen pointing at one of the stools.

Tae nods and makes his way to the kitchen, seats himself on the stool and rests his face on his palm.

Aerum hesitates a little before reaching out and ruffles Tae's hair.
"It's okay. You didn't have to wake up early." She says assuringly "you know what? Kook never wakes up on time"

He smiles softly.
Is this how a Mother's affection feels like?

Tae doesn't know how to respond so
He just settles on a polite reply.

"Thankyou Mrs Jeon. I appreciate it"
Aerum frowns at formal tone of the other. "Come on" she huffs, turning around,now bending to take something out of fridge rather angrily "I am not that old you know?" She says, then turns back, places a bottle of strawberry milkshake in front of Tae that she just took out.

"I had it prepared few minutes ago" she tells him "you like it right?"

Tae's eyes sparkle at his favourite drink and he almost grabs the bottle but Aerum takes it back, mischevious glint shinning in her doe eyes.

"I have a condition" she checks her nails like a teenage girl.

An amusing grin almost made it's way to Tae's lips.

His mother in law is adorable just like Ju--- never mind. The thing is,
Why is everyone in this household obsessed with deals and conditions? Tae wonders.

But jugding with the warmest of smiles on her face it won't be as near in harshness as the one her husband had proposed to Taehyung. Or at least he hopes it is not.

"You have to call me Mom!" She utters, excitement bubbling in her voice.

"Okay" Tae nods, a sigh of relief at the easy peasy condition..

he can do this.

"Just Okay?" Aerum narrows her eyes at him, scoffing playfully.

"Okay... mom" he finally says, word feeling foreign on his tongue..

Fate is a cruel, cruel thing.
It never gave Taheyung the luxury of using the words like Mama, mumma, mum, mom, eomma....

Because his mother had died the day he was born.

Cause of death: Birth of her son.

His birthday is actually his mother's death anniversary.

Tae tries his best to ignore the tightness in his chest at the remembrance of his mother.