The Games

Last night before heading to bed and that awkward interaction between Annie and Esmeralda, Esmeralda went to apologize to Katniss for talking to her the way she did. Katniss understood knowing that she had went through a lot, Katniss didn't know exactly what happened but she knew it was something that some could not fully recover from. Before she left she heard Peeta tell Katniss that he didn't want the Capitol to turn him into something that he isn't. That was and still is the biggest thing that Esmeralda worries about. She told Peeta that the Capitol can try to scare him, to make him gain a new idea of what fear is to get every last bit that is him out but they can never fully do that. She explained that when he has the people he trusts, and a person that can always bring them back, there's nothing the Capitol can do to change him no matter how hard they try.

Right before the games start Haymitch and Esmeralda wanted to talk to Katniss and Peeta on their own and separate.

Esmeralda met with Katniss first and reminded her "Remember girl on fire, you can do this. Don't run into the Cornucopia, its not worth it. Get your weapons later, get what ever is closes to you." Katniss reached to give her a hug but Esmeralda stepped back.

"I'm sorry I can't" Esmeralda said.

"Please I need it" Katniss pleaded.

Esmeralda nodded and gave Katniss a hug, and quickly left to talk to Peeta.

"Peeta understand you can last long in this game, longer than you think. Keep your instincts up and trust yourself" Esmeralda told him.

"Got it" he said reaching for a hug.

She nodded her head.

"Please just a hug from the person who is kind of the only person that believes in me" she gave in after what Peeta said and hugged him.

"Remember Flame, I can't bet on you but if I could I'd bet on you" Cinna told Esmeralda, which was also the last thing she heard from anyone before she entered the arena.

Once she entered the clear tube, it rose her up quickly, she looked around for Rye. After about 30 seconds she found him basically across from her. They agreed that they would go separate ways and if they were to see each other again then that's when they would help each other.

Esmeralda looked around and notices that they were in an abandoned city, with the weather noticeability going to change soon. The countdown was at 20, and she was looking into the cornucopia, and saw the knifes that she needed to get. She was fast but didn't know how fast she could be to get in and out of that situation. She looked around her to see what was on the floor, a backpack, a water bottle that looked full, a tiny knife that could possibly just skin animals, and a rain poncho.

10...

"Okay okay, run as fast as you can to grab the knifes maybe the double edged sword" Esmeralda told herself.

9...

"On you way back grab the backpack"

8...

"Then grab the knife"

7...

"the water bottle too"

6...

"Come on Esmeralda, you can do this"

5...

"Remember what mom and dad taught you"

4...

"I know it's not same but it gives you an advantage"