20

"H-How did you k-know I was gone?" I asked stuttering. I can practically see fume coming out of Chan's ears.

"Do you honestly think I'm that stupid!? Do all of you think I'm stupid?" No one dared to answer. "I went into Y/N's room to check on her and do you know what I find? I think you know what I found." We all were still silent. Practically all the color were drained from our faces. I felt myself sweating in my spot. "So no one can talk? What the hell was going through your guys mind? Do you even know the risk you guys just took?"

"We're sorry it's just-" but Chan interrupted Han before he could continue.

"Just what!?" My body was still shaking but I stood up to defend the guys.

"Don't yell at them! This was my idea okay. I felt like I was suffocating being stuck here all the time. I needed to get away for a few and I begged the guys to help me."

"If you feel like you're suffocating then go outside. There's plenty of space in the backyard" he argued.

"It's not the same!" I felt my tears forming but I refused to let them out. "I get to watch everyone come and go while I'm stuck here. Do you know how frustrating it is for me?"

"I don't give a fuck if it's frustrating. It's for your safety" he pointed at me. "What's the point of having these rules if you're just gonna go around breaking them?"

"Yah!" Lee Know stood up. "Give her a damn break. You have no idea what she's been going through this past month."

"Yeah! I haven't seen Y/N smile the way she did today. This was something she really needed. Can't you just take a moment to understand?" Hyunjin defended.

"I agree. Plus we had her in a disguise so what's the big deal?" Felix added.

"What's the big deal!?" His voice was practically echoing through the house. "What if someone recognized her? Did that ever come to mind? You were all reckless today."

"You just don't understand!" I yelled.

He crossed his arms, "And what don't I understand? Because last time I checked you were the one crying, begging us to protect you. To make sure they don't find you. Why would you do something so stupid?"

"You act like I can't protect myself now. And either way it goes, I still had Jinnie and Lix there to protect me!" I argued back.

"Chan, you can't expect her to stay locked up in this house. She's a person too." Changbin chimed in.

Chan shook his head, "I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm trying to say."

"And I don't think you understand what Y/N is trying to say. What all of us are trying to say!" Lee Know yelled. I was glad the guys were defending me. It showed how much they truly cared.

Chan rolled his eyes, "Fine let's just throw the rules out the window then." He then turned to me. "You can leave whenever you want. Fuck it if I care. Let Hongjoong find you and kidnap you while you're at it. See if you're able to protect yourself then. Or better yet lead him to us again. It was fun the first time!"

His words struck me like a ton of bricks. I get that he had those rules to keep me safe and I did appreciate it. The way he was speaking to me. It felt like a knife through my heart.

'Did he honestly want that to happen? What happened to the Chan from last night? Does last night not mean anything to him? I'm such an idiot. I thought he cared.' So many thoughts were going through my mind.

"Chan that's enough!" Lee Know roared.

"Yeah hyung. You're taking this way too far now" I.N added.

"Don't say something you're gonna regret" Seungmin added as well.