30

When I woke up the next morning I felt great. I looked over to my side and saw Chan still sleeping. It was nice being able to actually wake up next to him. When I pulled on the sheets over my chest and leaned over to start planting kisses on his cheeks to wake him up.

He pulled me by my waist, "Good morning baby girl." His voice was deep and raspy.

I smiled and said, "Good morning. How are you feeling?"

"I feel great. What about you?"

"A little sore but I'll be fine."

"Was I too rough on you last night?"

I smirked, "Maybe but I liked it anyways."

Chan started stretching, "Let's take a shower then. It'll help."

"Like together?"

"Of course together. I won't do anything I promise."

"Hmm... I don't know if I should believe you or not" I joked.

I heard him giggle when I pulled the sheets with me and walked into the bathroom to turn on the shower.

"Just a warning, I take really hot showers!"

"That's fine. I'll join you in a bit. I'm just picking out clothes for us!" I felt myself blushing.

'What are you doing to me?' 

I took the sheet and placed it next to the sink so it wouldn't get wet. I checked the temperature of the water to make sure it wasn't too hot. Since I didn't have my shower gel with me, I just used his. As I washed my body memories of last night popped into my head. Chan walked into the shower but didn't realize it until his arms wrapped around me from behind.

"This feels nice" he whispered in my ear.

"What? Showering together?"

"That and waking up next you." I started to blush again. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"It was nice waking up next to you too. Now turn around so I can wash your back."

He gave me a kiss on my cheek and did exactly as told. I poured some shower gel on my hand and started to wash his back. I saw the claw marks I left and tried to avoid them so it would sting.

"How does that feel?"

"It feels nice." Chan grabbed a bottle of shampoo and turn around. "Let me wash your hair."

I smiled while nodding my head. He began lathering my hair as I washed his chest. My hands later traveled down to his stomach where is can see his bullet wound. I started looking closer and starting noticing all the scars I hadn't noticed before. They were faint but still there. I felt myself tear up.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying" I denied.

This line of work is crazy. Everyone comes home with cuts and bruises. Even bullet wounds. You never know what could happen and that scares me. I was trailing my fingers on his scars when he grabbed my hand.

"Don't think about them." I looked up and saw how worried he looked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I nodded my head but he still wasn't convinced. He looked down at my neck and saw the cut I had from last night. "Who did that to you?"

"He's dead. Don't worry about it." I rubbed his arms trying to relax him. Which worked of course.

"I'm trying but that's kind of hard." He pulled me in for a hug. He turned me around, rinsing the shampoo out of my hair.