Chapter 15: Devil In The Details

Art credit: desires.doodles on Instagram

A normal Friday night at the Diamond house usually wasn't this busy; as the rush of movement and the last minute frenzied planning, was just the cherry on top of party planning.

To say that they were used to this, was an understatement; as more or less, Pearl and her sisters always ended up taking control of all these events— even if the Diamond had (Italic) hired someone with the paid title of party planner.

While the professional peered over napkin colors and linens, had put in all the orders on the Diamonds behalf; they were nowhere to be seen now, gone after dropping off all the needed supplies and tables, as assembly apparently wasn't a part of the contract.

But there were no worries, of course; as they had the Pearls to do it for them. Without their help, there wouldn't be sweet sixteen for Pink, at all; as both of her parents were refusing to lift a finger.

It was Yasmin who took over the main role of overseeing the entire event; creating a rough floor plan, organizing all the decorations, and reminding the two of the schedule that was  created for tomorrow. Her and Bec had done the majority of the work; as Pearl had only joined after she got them home school—though five hours later, they had only scratched the surface.

They had set up all the tables that were delivered— two kinds: wide and rectangular, and circular table tops— but the tablecloths received with them were still stained and dirty; having to put them in the wash, or otherwise face the wrath of the Diamonds.

The company who provided them was lucky  not to face the wrath of Yasmin; who had freaked out over the set back, as they couldn't get any decorations done with the linens— not to mention that they hadn't even started setting up the dining room table.

But the delay wasn't going to stop her and Bec from doing any other work in the meantime; Pearl helping them sweep and mop the floor, as the house had to be utterly spotless for tomorrow.

This led them to now, Pearl and Bec sitting on the couch they had pushed all the way back to the windows; Yasmin standing as she was going over the itinerary again, as the floors being wet was the only reason why she was even taking this moment of rest.

"June, at four-fifty to approximately five-thirty you'll be greeting guests, and taking coats."

Yasmin pointed the end of her capped sharpie, at the drawing of her floor plan; the printer paper creased from being folded and unfolded plenty of times now.

It would take Pearl a second to decipher where the front entrance was on the map; as Yasmin wasn't the most artistically inclined out of her sisters— wondering what Bec had to think of that.

"And Bec, you'll be at the drink station pouring out drinks, while also keeping an eye on the dessert table. Nobody's allowed to touch anything there, until after dinner."

Her sharpie point migrated right, towards what Pearl presumed where the staircase case was in her drawing; represented by scribbles, as below that was two rectangles that were surely tables she had mentioned.

"The catering staff will be handing out appetizers in the meantime. Guests will have an hour to mingle, while I and the rest of staff will be ultilizating that time to prepare the salad course for dinner— which will be served at six thirty."

Surely, her sister has repeated this information enough for Pearl to repeat so in her sleep; but here she was, repeating it again.

"Cake will then be served at seven-fifteen, followed by Pink opening her presents up at eight. Guests have the chance to mingle again for the next hour, and then the party will be over at ten." Yasmin concluded; tucking the sharpie behind her ear.