IV: Wildfire

"There will be darkness again."

TW: Mention of blood, bruises, and graphic description of violence

~~~~~~

Fontos has someone that belongs to Vegas – an Omega. Vegas's fated mate.

He wasn't truly convinced about it yet nor is he really believing this stupid myth about some fated pairs destined to find each other. Made for each other. He wanted to scoff at the idea but for some fundamentally ill reason, he couldn't just ignore the aftermath of that Omega's scent it had brought him.

It piqued his curiosity, like a wolf in a snowstorm seeing something alive for the first time after a long period of starvation. He wanted to chase it down its lair. He wanted to have him, to pull every inch of his body closer to him, to own him like some kind of precious stone you wouldn't even let anyone else dare to touch.

And the thrill of it all, the need to test if the myth is real, of wanting something you couldn't have just yet – excites him. He just couldn't wait until he get his fingers on him – wrap around his delicate neck and claim him.

Not yet. But I would.

Ah, the desire to devour that Omega burns a different shade of ache inside him.

Vegas is possessive and vicious in terms of getting what he wants. He would take it by force if he could and the thought of marching into the Kingdom of Fontos to take that Omega with him crosses his mind a couple of times now in just a span of two days.

But Vegas is not that stupid to start a war for a mere Omega. He needs to know more about him before he takes action.

Is he someone else's property? Or would an Omega like him get his own chamber?

Vegas tried to remember how the Omega looked that day in a spring, skin as white as an ivory under the glimpses of sunlight, he looked soft, elegant and demure.

Is he from a brothel? Did he have to sleep among servants? Perhaps in the bed of his alpha?

His Alpha.

The rage and desire growing in him is like wildfire, burning and taunting. Just the thought of that Omega belonging to someone else makes him want to burn the whole kingdom down.

He is mine. I will make him mine.

He has never yearned for someone like this before. He wanted to consume every bit of that Omega's soul, to pin him down and engrave every part of him to every fiber of his being, to feel his soft skin against his fingertips burn with his touch. Oh, the desire flaring inside him is lethal.

But the pact between the two kingdoms is still there.

Whoever crosses the border should be punished with death.

Crossing the border means starting a war. And Vegas will make sure that war will be worth it and inevitable.

Pete rides into the town of Oryn with his horse, along with a few trusted soldiers of Fontos.

As the Consul of the Kingdom of Fontos, he is obliged to travel to the other Kingdoms to check on their current state. And even though his heat hasn't sufficed yet, he travelled for two days to be there.

They passed a crowded market, awestruck by the infrastructures and numerous shophouses along the way of the lively streets. The mass of people bustling about the place was astounding. Merchants shouting the prices of their products loudly, men pulling carts from different directions asking people to clear the way.