XXV: strip me of my sins and pain

I will find you, just wait a little longer.

Note:

While I was writing this chapter and editing it, I was listening to Never Let You Down (Woodkid, Lykke Li) and Dynasty (MIIA). You can listen to those songs too while reading this. 

Also, this isn't Beta Read -- actually the upcoming chapters will also not be. I'm going down to hell, and I'm taking you all with me. 

________

A hand pressed on the soft flesh of Pete's side. He groaned in discomfort.

"When was your last heat, Sir?" The physician asked. Three of the royal doctors were assisting Pete for a simple sprain.

Pete was assisted out of the throne room after the fiasco.

"Almost three months ago?" Pete was not sure. The last heat he had experienced was when Vegas had helped him with his needs, then came the King's rut.

"Why are we doing this?" Pete asked when a hand suddenly pressed firmly on his bare stomach. He winced at the sudden pain, but no one gave him an answer. He knew he was here because of his sprain, but his sprain had already been tended. They were now busy pressing and feeling his stomach with their hands.

The physician fixed Pete's clothes and said, "Apologies Sir, but we must report to His Majesty first."

Pete raised an eyebrow at that, but he chose not to argue. Of course, the King must know first.

"Please be careful from now on." Pete was assisted off the fowler bed, careful not to put much weight on Pete's sprained foot.

"And Sir," The doctor called out, making Pete turn his head back to regard him. "Kindly stay close to His Majesty, you need his pheromones more now." The physician continued before guiding the Omega out of the room. Never giving Pete a chance to ask a question.

When the door closed behind him, Pete turned and saw Sila. She circled Pete before nudging her nose on Pete's waist. Nop and Macau were also waiting for him outside the room.

"How are you?" The Prince asked, fast to assist and take Pete's arm to his shoulder to help the Omega walk.

"I'm fine." Pete smiled at the prince.

"Let's help you get to your room." Macau smiled back. Pete let his hand feel the fur of the wolf that walked beside him. The softness of its fur was a gentle comfort against his palm.

"I want..." Pete mumbled, the two Alphas and the wolf stared at him, waiting. "I want to be with Vegas."

Macau's mouth formed an 'o' before halting. "But the King is still in the throne room with the guests."

"It's alright." Pete looked down, trying to hide his warm cheeks. "The physicians said I need his scent. I mean we can walk more if you want, although I can't move properly, but we still can –,"

"It's alright." Macau chuckled. "Don't be shy, we understand."

Despite the turmoil within him, Pete forced a smile, but it felt like an arduous task. After all that had happened and with what still lay ahead, he felt as if he were sinking deeper and deeper into a dark abyss, unable to escape the weight of worries that enveloped him.

Pete's heart swelled with surprise as the Prince enveloped him in a tight hug. He couldn't help but marvel at how much Macau had grown in a short time. He noticed the subtle ways in which he had changed. The boy who had once seemed small and vulnerable was now taller than Pete, his body showing signs of strength and maturity. Pete's eyes glistened with a mix of emotions as he hugged the young Prince back, feeling a bittersweet mixture of pride and nostalgia at the sight of his "little" brother growing up so fast.