VIII: Omen

"Aim for the heart, shoot to kill. If you don't do it, then the other one will!"

Summary:

The two Kings shall meet. 

~~~~

TW: Graphic description of violence and blood. 

Vegas smelled the air as he entered the Palace. Sconces already lit up along the walls of the castle like dancing spirits in the dark while the moon gleamed at its highest. He just got back from hunting and his nose immediately caught a whiff of blooming white flowers as if he's wandering through the garden at night. Sweet but it never stings his throat unlike the others.

He walked down the dark hallways of the castle, pleased by how he can smell the root cause of his amusement wherever he goes. He made sure of that. Told all the servants how he only wanted to smell the scent of that Omega in the castle and nothing else. Let him roam around the palace like a little rabbit unaware of his huge cage, and Vegas will always know where he is. He will always know where he goes.

"Why did you buy him from the brothel?"

Macau asked him once when the Omega had finally stepped foot inside the castle. It's a simple question answered by a simple "He's entertaining." and a shrug.

"You never go to that extent when something entertains you." Macau countered, observing his brother.

"Have I not?" Vegas smirked, leaning his back on the maroon colored couch as he placed his foot on top of his other knee; arms crossed over his chest. "I will use him in ways he cannot even imagine; his body and where he came from." Vegas's eyes flickered at the thoughts forming in his head. He'd make sure to use this Omega on his own will and power until he breaks. Until there's nothing left in him but some soulless eyes begging beneath him.

This Omega will be of such great help.

He walked further down the hallway, footsteps echoing sharply against the marbled floor of the castle, it sounded overly loud even to his own ears. Sweat covered his body beneath his clothes, strands of dark hair falling down his forehead making him run a hand through it to clear away his vision in the dark. His breathing is a bit ragged from hunting and riding back to the castle, and his pheromones are strong; immediately covering the hallways thick in the air. The smell of upcoming winter blending with his brisky scent but there's another scent that was lingering in the air. A hint of sweetness and warmth dancing along the chilling scent of his pheromones. Like a small spindle of fire in the darkness, a tease on his burning skin, like the first fall of snow on land.

Vegas breathed in the air once more, his strong pheromones almost blocking out the sweetness, but it was still there, mingling around his own and it smelled gratifyingly. His feet made a sudden stop when the scent became thicker in the air. A scent of lavenders and lilies, it has a crisp, clean snap of spring, even at night when everything is still and quiet.

This scent would always capture Vegas like some sort of spell, binding him to one place. It will always make his Alpha instincts sharper, more primal – untamed, and it would always make him think how the Omega would smell once he had finally scented him.

His Omega is near and it makes Vegas's eyes wander, his senses tingle. For once he does not mind making his noblemen wait for him. For once, he feels no anger at the simple blunders his eyes have been catching along the way. His mind races with endless possibilities, wide outcomes of this Omega he holds captive.

The door where his Omega is staying was slightly ajar. Vegas can see the outline of his body through the dark, eyes flickering as they wander from the Omega's shoulder, his slender back facing the doorway, the slight curve of his waist that flows down to his hips. Vegas took a step back, making sure there is a safe distance between him and the Omega's room, yet his eyes remained on him and how his sweet scent compliments the smell of Vegas's pheromones and winter.