~ When two adults love each other ~

Fucking Kelleher can't keep his mouth shut for even one day.

That is surprisingly not my first thought as I stand outside BayView high school the following morning. My current thoughts are Oh. Shit.

Cop cars are surrounding the building at all angles. I look around to see two cops, both female standing at the entrance. As I make my way up to the door I feel my knees buckle. This is it, I'm going to jail.

"Hi, can I get your name for the record?" The petite dark-coloured woman on the right asked me.

"Uh sure it's Charlotte but everyone calls me Charlie". I feel my voice quiver as I say charlie.

I notice the other woman shoot the smaller woman a look before glancing back at me.

Crap. They are on to me.

"And your last name" the older ginger-haired woman mumbled noting my name.

"Collins"

"And where were you last night Charlie" the darker woman questioned staring at me with a soft smile.

"I was uh at home"

The two women shared another glance before the darker woman nodded.

"Okay Charlie has a great day at school," she said raising the police tape for me to duck under.

As I walked into school everyone was huddled around the lockers, gasping and muttering. My eyes settled on Ms Avery's room, the room I was hiding in less than six hours ago was now surrounded by police tape with little numbers everywhere. All of this for two kids breaking in. It's a bit much don't ya think?.

Lost in my thoughts I grabbed my books from my locker before closing the door where I was met with the face of Janae.

"You need to stop scaring me," I say jumping in surprise.

"Never going to happen, did u hear what happened" Janae questioned.

Okay. I have to play it cool.

"No, why does the school like a bomb is about to go off". I joke

"FJ was found murdered in Ms Avery's room".

My heart dropped and I could feel a lump form in my throat.

"What"

"Ya and whoever did it broke into Gupta's office too, destroyed everything in there"

Suddenly realisation hits me like a ton of bricks. If FJ was found dead in Ms Avery's classroom so if anyone finds out that Simon and I broke in last night they are going to think we broke into Gupta's office and murdered FJ, but we didn't all we did was a petty break-in. Why was FJ even here anyways?

"Oh my God, I hope they catch the killer," I say walking to class with Janae.

I was being honest, I hope they catch the sick fuck but I also hope they don't find out about Simon and I's 'adventure' last night.

"Same, but it's weird to think that it was probably one of the students, so that means the killer walks among us," Janae said strutting into our next class.

"Happy birthday by the way" Janae grumbled changing the subject.

"Thanks"

I parked myself down in the back corner of the history class right beside Janae just like we did in every other class.

"How are you holding up," Janae asked leaning over in an attempt to see my face, which I had lain low in my hands.

"I want to kill that two-faced son of a bitch". I grumbled glancing up for a second to see her face before lying back down.