~ Confess to a crime I didn't commit or blame Kelleher" ~

Do I ever catch a break?

The short answer is no because I am currently here plotting with Simon Kelleher of all people how we are going to get Maeve and Janae to admit they are head over heels for each other. His current idea: I make Janae jealous by flirting with Maeve.

"Come on it's not that hard, all you have to do is be seductive," Simon said as we cower behind the little Photo Booth that's ideally set up in the middle of the park.

"You're kidding me, right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage"

"I know that" Simon acknowledges earning a thump on his shoulder.

"Ow, if you had let me finish I was going to say that I know that but Janae doesn't, I mean look at them you don't know if they are just gonna talk or swallow each other whole ".

"Your gross" I laugh.

"I've established myself as chaotic neutral".

"You forgot the sociopathic part"

"I prefer the term creative".

I roll my eyes at Simon before shaking my whole body and cracking my neck.

"You look like a homeless man having a seizure, what the hell are u doing?"

"I'm being sexy"

Simon began howling and laughing, gripping the side of the stand for support. I take out my handheld mirror checking my makeup in it while simultaneously sticking up my middle finger to the black hair boy beside me.

"I'm also proving you wrong, I'm way more seductive than a cabbage" I add wiping my lipstick a little.

"Hey you said that not me"

"You agreed"

"You're so petty"

"Damn right I'm pretty," I say closing the mirror before walking away.

"I said petty!" Simon shouts after me, to which I just shoot him a knowing look.

That flashback is still something I hold very close to my heart even after all that happened not because of Simon but because that daywas the start of a very special relationship between Janae and Maeve, who is still very much going strong.

One thing for certain however, I never thought two years later I would be stuck in an interrogation room with the same guy who told me I was "petty" because we are suspects in a murder investigation.

"We know you two did this," Wheeler said sitting in the chair across from Simon and me who were currently handcuffed to the small metal table.

"No, we didn't" Simon muttered flatly.

"Yes ye did, in fact, both of you plotted FJs murder days even weeks before Simon carried out the stabbing while you Charlie watched for lookout".

"That's not true". I say starting Wheeler directly in the eyes.

"Yes it is, we have the evidence to prove so".

"Show us then,"

"Here".

There was a small rumbling, one that sounded like a plastic bag before it was suddenly placed in front of the both of us. My jaw dropped.

The lock. Simon forgot to pick it up when we broke in and now here it was being placed in front of us in a bag that had 'EVIDENCE' in large build text and it was being used to prove we were murderers.

"Cool... A lock, is that supposed to mean something to us". Simon questioned.

"You broke this lock with this hammer, the hit marks are even consistent to the marks on FJ" the small detective explained placing the hammer beside the lock, that too placed in an evidence bag.

"Simon..."

I'm in shock. Did I really just help a physcopath kill an innocent girl..

I look over to the black hair boy who is clearly avoiding eye contact with both of us..but in all honesty I can't really see him because my eyes are welling with tears.

"Simon.." I repeat again, I need an explanation.

Once again I get nothing, not a word, the only thing that happens is I notice how his tongue rolls into his cheek, pushing against it, indicating his pissed. So am I.

"Did you kill her?". Wheeler and I say in sync.

Simon's eyes furrow as he looks up at me.

"You're taking the piss right?".

"What-"

"You're really going to sit there and let me get 25 years to life in prison for a murder you committed?"

Simons's voice grows louder as Wheeler looks at me.

"Is this true Ms Collins?"

"What? No it's no-".

The fear is gripping me, the pressure it's too much,

"Yes it is Charlotte, I mean it happened in Indiana".

"Don't you dare" I warn before lifting my arms, about to hit him, when they are quickly forced back down by the handcuffs to which Simon just smirks.

I look over at Wheeler who is now pointing her gun directly in my face.

"The gigs up Charlie just admit it's you did it," Wheeler says.

"If you confess now I will tell the DA that you cooperated, it will get you a lesser sentence".

"But- I didn't- I didn't do it" I choke on, I'm fully sobbing at this point.

"Charlotte, just take the deal"

"I didn't do it, It was Simon".

I knew in my heart and soul  that it wasn't Simon but I guess it was my "fight of flight" kicking inbut instead it was 'confess to a crime I didn't commit or blame Kelleher'. The option was clearly.

"Charlie, if you don't cooperate you'll get extra time". Wheeler reminds me, only now sitting back down at the table.

"I promise you I didn't do it".

"I saw you Charlotte, the way you looked at me, there was blood streaming all over your face, poor fj was beaten into oblivion on the ground. You had the hammer Charlotte" Simok informed me.

I'm trying my hardest to remember but I can't. I don't remember having the hammer but Simon is still explaining what happened, the detail he's giving, someone can't make that up.

"I didn't do it"

"Yes you did" Simon encourages leaning over towards me, almost whispering to me...

"My little murderer"

A/N: HEEHEH I KNOW IT WAS A SHORT CHAPTER but....

Once again: I hoped you enjoyed and don't forget to leave feedback and vote :)

@lukealvezswifeyy

Word count: 1031