Chapter ~ 21

Heabom couldn't believe how much time had passed since Teasung first walked through the gates of his old school. Now, several years later, he was standing on the porch of their home, watching as Teasung packed his bags for college.

"You know, you don't have to go if you don't want to," Heabom said, trying to hide the sadness in his voice.

Teasung turned to him with a smile. "I want to go, Heabom. I'm ready for this next step in my life."

Heabom nodded, feeling a sense of pride mixed with sadness. He knew Teasung was ready to spread his wings and fly, but it was hard to let him go.

As Teasung loaded his bags into the car, Heabom thought back to the day he and Teasung first met. He remembered the pain and sadness he felt after losing his partner and how adopting Teasung had given him a new sense of purpose and hope.

He thought about all the memories they had created together, from the day they first visited Heabom's old school to the countless hours spent studying and laughing together.

Now, as Teasung drove away, Heabom felt a sense of emptiness, but he also knew that this was just another chapter in their story. Heabom was excited to see what the future held for both of them.

Heabom walked back into the house, thinking about what he could do to keep himself busy while Teasung was away. He remembered how much he used to enjoy gardening and decided to start a new project in the backyard.

As he dug into the soil, he thought about how much he had grown since losing his partner. He had learned to love again, to create a new family, and to find joy in the simple things in life.

As the sun set and the stars came out, Heabom looked up at the sky and whispered, "Thank you for giving me a second chance at life. I promise to make the most of it, for both of us."