Chapter ~ 8

Heabom and Teasung had been living in their small mountain cabin for a few months now. They had settled into a routine and were enjoying the peace and quiet that came with their new life. But as the snow began to fall and the days grew shorter, they found themselves feeling increasingly isolated.

It was one evening, as they sat by the fire, that Teasung turned to Heabom and said, "I miss having people around us. We're so isolated out here."

Heabom nodded in agreement. "I know what you mean. It's been nice having some time to ourselves, but it would be good to have some social interaction."

They spent the next few days discussing what they could do to remedy the situation. They thought about moving closer to a town or city, but the idea of being surrounded by people again made them both uneasy.

One day, while out on a hike, they stumbled upon a small village nestled in the valley below. It was a picturesque place, with cobblestone streets and quaint little shops. As they wandered through the village, they noticed a sign in the window of a café that read "Help Wanted."

Teasung turned to Heabom with a grin. "What do you think? Should we apply for the job?"

Heabom smiled back, feeling a sense of excitement he hadn't felt in a while. "Why not? Let's go for it."

They applied for the job and were hired on the spot. Over the next few weeks, they got to know the people in the village and started to feel like they were a part of the community. They made friends with the locals and spent their days cooking and serving coffee, enjoying the simple pleasures of life.

As the holiday season approached, the village came alive with lights and decorations. Heabom and Teasung found themselves swept up in the festive spirit, and for the first time in a long time, they felt truly happy.

On Christmas Eve, as they closed up the café, they were surprised to see the entire village gathered outside, singing carols and holding candles. They were handed a candle each, and as they joined in the singing, they felt a sense of belonging and acceptance that they had never experienced before.

As the last notes of the carol faded away, Heabom turned to Teasung, tears in his eyes. "This is where we belong," he said.

Teasung smiled back, taking Heabom's hand. "I know. We've found our home."

***********************Thank You*************************

-RKIVAY