Chapter ~ 22

Heabom was sitting in his living room, sipping on his morning coffee when the doorbell rang. He put down his cup and walked towards the door, wondering who could be visiting him at such an early hour.

When he opened the door, he was surprised to see a middle-aged woman standing in front of him. She had a familiar look on her face, but Heabom couldn't quite place her.

"Can I help you?" he asked, politely.

The woman smiled warmly. "Hello, Heabom. It's been a long time."

Heabom's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh my goodness, is it really you?"

The woman nodded. "Yes, it's me. Do you remember me?"

Heabom smiled, feeling a rush of emotions. "Of course, I do. You're Teasung's birth mother. Please come in."

He led her to the living room and offered her a seat. They sat in silence for a moment, both unsure of what to say.

Finally, the woman spoke up. "I wanted to thank you, Heabom. Thank you for taking care of Teasung, for giving him a good life. I always knew that he was in good hands with you."

Heabom felt tears welling up in his eyes. "It was my pleasure. Teasung has been a blessing in my life. He's grown up to be such a wonderful young man."

The woman smiled. "I know. I've been following his progress from afar. I've always been proud of him."

There was a moment of silence before the woman spoke up again. "I was wondering if it would be possible for me to meet Teasung. To see how he's doing, to talk to him."

Heabom hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Of course. I think that would be a good idea. Let me call him and see if he's available."

Heabom picked up his phone and dialed Teasung's number. After a few rings, Teasung picked up.

"Good morning, Heabom," he said, cheerfully.

"Good morning, Teasung. I have a surprise for you. Your birth mother is here, and she would like to see you."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Teasung spoke up. "Really? She's here? Yes, of course, I'd like to see her."

Heabom smiled, happy to see Teasung so excited. "Great. She's waiting in the living room. Come down when you're ready."

A few minutes later, Teasung walked into the living room, looking nervous and unsure. Heabom and the woman watched as he walked towards them, his eyes fixed on the ground.

"Hello, Teasung," the woman said, softly.

Teasung looked up and saw her. His eyes widened in surprise before he rushed forward and hugged her tightly.

They sat and talked for a while, catching up on lost time. Heabom watched them, feeling happy that they were finally able to meet and reconcile.

As the woman got up to leave, she turned to Heabom and said, "Thank you again, Heabom. You truly are a wonderful person, and I'm grateful for everything you've done for my son."

Heabom smiled. "It's been my pleasure. Take care, and please keep in touch."

The woman nodded and left, leaving Heabom and Teasung alone in the living room.

"Thank you, Heabom," Teasung said, smiling.

Heabom hugged him tightly. "