Britney/Brittany

So here's what you missed on Glee;

Emma had a crush on Will, but Will was married. Will had a crush on Emma, so he got a divorce and he kissed her but now she's dating some dude named Carl. Tina told Artie to take a hike and then she got the hots for Mike. And now Artie is obsessed with getting her back. Y/n and Quinn kissed but then they didn't talk all summer and now Quinn is pretending like everything that happened during her pregnancy didn't happen. Oh, and it doesn't help that Quinn thinks he and Melody are together. And that's what you missed on Glee.

❥❥❥❥

The squeal of the dry-erase marker in Schuester's hand filled the empty silence in the club room as he wrote "Christopher Cross" on the whiteboard. "All right. Who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" He asked as he turned to face his students. "He discovered America," Brittany confidently responded, "That was Colombus," Y/n corrected her as William shook his head. "Close. He did write an iconic chart-topper, "Sailing."" Y/n chuckled, "In what? The 50s." Kurt leaned over to whisper to Y/n and Mercedes, "I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Tina shook her head from the opposite side of the group of students, "Never heard of him. Don't wanna hear about him." Mr Schuester grabbed a stack of sheet music off of the piano, "Some people think of the term "easy listening" as a bad thing, but I'm gonna let the music speak for itself." He continued speaking as he passed out the sheet music, "You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones, and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience. It can let them come to you."

Finn looked at the sheet music, confused, "How can you get caught between the moon and New York City? They're like 100 miles apart." Kurt raised his hand, "Mr Schue, if I may, I think I speak for all of us when I say that it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on silky smooth adult contemporary. It's just that, as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over 5 members. The ardent demand? That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performed a number by, wait for it, Ms Britney Spears." A spike in excitement waved through the group at the mention of an artist more current. Mr Schue clears his throat to bring the attention back onto him. "Sorry. Kurt. Kurt. Sorry, no. No, no. I, uh, don't think she's a very good role model." Even Rachel's attitude dropped, "But Mr Schue, we kinda grew up with her."

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer," Tina added to Rachel's protest of Schue's turndown. "I don't want to do Britney," Brittany said as she looked at her intertwined hands in her lap. "Why no Britney, Brittany?" Kurt asked. "Because my name is also Britney Spears," She answered confidently." "What?" Y/n questioned as he shifted in his seat. "What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes added her own confusion to Y/n's. "my middle name is Susan. My last name is Pierce. That makes me Brittany S. Pierce. Brittany Spearce." Y/n shook his head, "Brit, did you eat Lord Tubbington's catnip again?" His comment was intended to be sarcastic but now that he said it he was genuinely concerned about if she did. "I've lived my whole life in Britney Spears' shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."

Willaim smiled as he shrugged, "Well, there you have it, guys. It's been decided. No Britney. Sorry." Kurt scoffed, "Thanks, Brit. Thanks a lot." Santana rolled her eyes, "Leave Brittany alone." Brittany leaned into her best friend, "Thank you for understanding. It's been a hard road." Rachel rolled her eyes and raised her hand, "Um, can we move on?" "Yes," Schuester leaned against the piano. "Let's talk about Micheal Bolton."