Miles Behind us

"My body isn't used to this kind lf situations, doing much on just a bit of food", Joseph says sadly as he whipes the sweat of his forehead and chops another piece of wood with the black axe. "You better become soon, it's been a weeks since the world went to shit and I don't see the government starting to act soon to this", Marijn says as he chops through the last piece of trunk the oak tree has to offer. "Watch out!", he yells and Joseph nearly gets hit by the the tree. "Thanks for saying that on time!", he yells back with the usual sarcasm in his voice. "Eh... Marijn, you might want to take care of that", Joseph says and he points at a group of roamers. "I got them", Marijn says , he picks up the iron baseball bat and walks towards the corpses. He starts singing: "I see dead motherfuckers, down on the streets. Walking around real slow, digging for me..." he smashes the bat into the side of the head of one of the undead, breaking its skull and gore flies everywhere "...it's a zombie paradise, I ain't gonna lie. I see a lot of red eyes but I'm not gonna die..." There goes the second roamer and it drops dead as soon as the iron reaches the brain "...cause I'm a bad motherfucker, holding a gang. To shoot these undead suckers, straight in the head. Open the gates, here comes my shell, I'm sending these dead fuckers, back to Hell!" he smashes the last one on top of it's head and they look back through the dark forrest.

They reach camp and reach everyone; Henry, Hannah, Demi and Melissa. Marijn kisses Melissa's forehead and they sit down at the campfire, it's silent and you only hear the fire cracking, even Hannah can't bring life into them. Marijn knows what everyone is thinking and he thinks the same; they left the ones they lost miles behind them and above all they all know, this is only the beginning...