The calm alone

"Can't we take a moment to rest?"
Joseph is tired of walking.
"We need to go a bit further", Skye answers. They have been walking for hours now, but eventually they find a house that stand totally alone. "This looks safe", Skye says and she opens the door to get in. "Finally!", Joseph says as he lets himself fall on the couch in the living room. "I am rather tired" "Get off that couch! We have things to do!", Skye says and Joseph jumps up. "Like what things?", Joseph asks. "We don't know if it's safe here", she answers.
"Now move this couch to the door" They push the couch against the door.
"You check the lower floor for roamers, close the open windows and barricade the doors, I'll do that upstairs" Skye gives Joseph a knife from the kitchen "Don't waste any ammo, yell if something goes wrong"
Joseph walks out of the kitchen to the toilet, where he closes the window, he barricades the back-door with a coffeetable.
"Clear!", Joseph yells.
"Clear!", Skye answers and she walks downstairs. Joseph opens a cubboard and finds some candles and a flint and steel. It is already dark so they light the living room with the candles and go to sleep on one if the couches.

Jamie smiles. "I mean no harm", she says and steps forward. "Step back!", Henry yells and she quickly obbeys. "We trusted someone before and that didn't went well, did it Demi?!"
"Marijn did all he could, Henry...", Demi says. "HE FAILED AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!", Henry screams and notices someone else comes walking in with a shotgun. "What is happening here?", the man says, but Henry shoots his right upperleg.
"DAVID!"

"What a nice house..."
Hannah says as she whipes off the blood of Marijn's face. His face is swolen. "Yep...", he says slowly. He is laying on a bed in a house near the countryroad.
"I let everyone down...", he says sad.
"Naw you didn't"
"Yes I did... I couldn't protect any of you... I couldn't protect Melissa..."
"You don't have to do this alone..."