CHAPTER 5 - THE MEETING

Willows pov

It's only been a few hours, and I'm already sick of Evelyn. She acts all nice, but when I let my guard down she says something horrible and makes me regret it. We are now sitting in her car, driving to her parents' house. I hope her parents and sisters are nicer than she is.

"Willow, did you read my file?" Evelyn asked.
I did read the file... well, I skim read it. "Kind of, I glanced at it before we left." Evelyn looks at me angrily, so I smile and pull out my phone.
I quickly type in Evelyn's name and click the first link that comes up.

"Evelyn Montgomery, age 24. has blonde hair and blue eyes. likes horse riding, drawing, money, makeup, and reading. Mother's name is Melissa Montgomery, aged 58; father's name is Thomas Montgomery, also aged 58. Has three siblings, Violet, Delilah, and one unnamed. That covers most of it, right?"

Evelyn is staring at me with a look of shock on her face. "I knew a lot of stuff about me was on the internet, but not that much." She awkwardly laughs before the driver says we have arrived.

I look out of the window and see a long driveway with trees and bushes surrounding it, the snow lies perfectly on top of them. At the end of the driveway there was a stone brick wall with a tall black gate, and by the side of it there were two pointy bushes covered in snow.

When the driver opened the gate, I could see their house, which was more like a castle. It was beautiful. The whole plot was surrounded by a forest of snowy trees and many more buildings.

We got out of the car and walked towards the entrance, and as we stood in front of the door, I felt something touch me. I looked down to see Evelyn's hand holding mine, her hands were soft, and her nails were painted. I felt something in my stomach, and I had never felt it before.

I look up to Evelyn, wondering if she is genuinely being nice. "Do not mess this up, willow. I cannot afford for you to ruin this, everything needs to go perfectly. Just talk as little as you can." Evelyn looks nervous, but I probably look worse. I was so scared to meet her family. My hands were shaking, which I think Evelyn noticed as she looked at me and smiled. It was weirdly comforting.

Evelyn's mom opened the door and revealed their huge entrance, her father stood in front of us as we both walked in. "Oh, Evelyn, honey, we missed you so much. You look thinner, have you been eating well? I told you we should hire a private chef to cook your meals." Evelyns mom says in a worried tone "I'm a fine cook, mom." Evelyn snapped.

Suddenly Evelyn's mom looks over to me and smiles. "Oh hello, you must be Willow. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." She raises her hand to shake mine, so I do.

"Mother, where are Delilah and Violet?" Evelyn asks, I think they were her sisters. Suddenly I hear someone running down the stairs, so I quickly look up and see two brunette girls, One looks around 14 and the other looks my age. They both run to Evelyn and hug her, maybe Evelyn does have a heart.

Her sister turns to me and gives me a hug. I think this was the older sister, Violet. I hug her back and look up at Evelyn, who is smiling at me. "Hello, I'm Violet. Evelyn's favourite sister I'm so happy you're here. I always wanted a new sister, mine are boring." I slightly giggle.

"What do you mean we are boring? We both are more exciting than you." Evelyn says.  The three of them start arguing, and I just stand there looking awkwardly with their dad.
"Children!"  Their mother snaps.

"If you are done bickering, Evelyn and Willow can be shown to their room." Their mother smiles towards the butler, who is standing in the corner. "That's not necessary, mom. I already had Felix book us a room at the hotel down the road." Evelyn grabs my hand again.

"Heavens no!  This is your home, Evelyn, and your home is where you will stay. Felix can stay in the employee housing along with that chauffeur of yours. Butler!!"

The butler walks over, and their mom asks if he already brought our bags in. "Yes, but one of the suitcases was broken at the zip." I sigh and slightly squeeze Evelyn's hand.

*30 minute time skip*

We are now in a room, which I'm guessing is Evelyn's. I stare at her, waiting for her to say something. "Don't give me that look, I had two of the finest suits in town booked for us down by the waterfront." There was only one bed in this room, and I really couldn't be bothered to share with Evelyn . "Well, now you have one of the finest beds on your floor." I stated.

I walked away from Evelyn and towards the bed. I start taking the pillows off of it. "What are you doing?" Evelyn growled.  I looked over at her and smiled. "I'm making you a bed on the floor." She looks at me like I punched her.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor, Willow." "If you don't want to share the bed, you can sleep on the floor, but it will be you explaining to the butlers why my $100 pillows are on the floor." She walks away, towards the door. Why would she just leave? Surely we need to discuss our sleeping arrangements. maybe we can take it in turns.

"Where are you going?" I ask.  She turns back around to look at me before replying. "Anywhere you are not." She walks out of the room. I could leave it at this and put the pillows back on the bed, but I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to follow her.

—————————————————————-
Should i add photos of the settings and characters aesthetics in every chapter?

(Also I'm so sorry this chapter is so late, i was having a slight issue with my wattpad account 😭)

1046 words