CHAPTER 14 - EXPLORING

Evelyns pov

"Are you going to break them up or what?" Willow's dad says, he sounds angry and I'm sure I look like a devil right now. I could go over and punch that Ace girl over and over until she never even thinks about Willow again. "You have no idea how much I want to, but I know Willow would never forgive me if I did." I say angrily to her dad who now looks just as angry as me.

"If I've learnt anything about your daughter it's that she likes to handle these things for herself." I nod, Willow is perfectly capable of sticking up for herself and doing whatever is necessary to do so, and even though I would love to walk over and punch Ace I can't take it away from Willow. "What the hell Ace?" Willow yells and pushes her away.

I still have Willows's little brother in my arms and he is fiddling with my hair. "What I'm not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" Ace asks looking at Willow offendedly. Was Ace willows girlfriend? Maybe they were together and Willow never told me, I don't think she would do that though.

Willow pushes Ace away again making her stumble nearly falling over. "That's my girl." I smile and Willow turns and smiles back at me, her little brother has now fallen fast asleep in my arms. "I am not your girlfriend!" Willow snaps pointing her finger in aces face. "Maybe we should give them some privacy. Come on Maeve, Ace can meet us back home." Ace and Maeve's mom says. "I'll show you out." Willows's dad smiles and lowers Isla onto the floor next to me.

I walk over to the couch and lay Felix on it, Isla follows behind me and sits next to her brother. "It's been four years since you left. And you better leave again!" Willow snaps. "Willow, let's talk about this," Ace says shocked and walks a few steps closer to Willow. "There is nothing to talk about." Willow snaps again and walks backwards herself.

"I just... I need a chance to explain." Ace sighs and looks over to me quickly before turning back to Willow. "We can be together again, I just need you—" "No we can't!" Willow interrupts harshly. Ace leans even closer to her so she is now right in willows face. "Why not?" Ace asks.

"Because I'm engaged!" Willow sighs and holds up her hand with the ring, Ace looks shocked and I stand up from the sofa walking slightly closer. "And her fiancée is right here so you better back the f*ck off before you get yourself into trouble." I snap and glare at Ace. "Evelyn, I can handle this!" Willow sighs and looks over at me. I know she can handle it but I hate Ace way too much to just stand here.

"My fiancée is right here so you better back the f*ck off before you get yourself into trouble." Willow snaps repeating what I said. I go back over to the sofa and sit by willows sister who climbs onto my lap holding her teddy. Ace sighs "I'm leaving." "Good." Willow laughs and turns to me as Ace walks out of the house. She walks over to me and sits next to me smiling at her sister. "What a tool." I sigh and Willow looks at me. "I sure know how to pick 'em." She sighs and walks away.

Willows pov

As much as I loved the dual spray shower heads and massaging jets of Evelyns' high-end shower... there was something comforting about being back in my own bathroom. Where dad always kept a bottle of my favourite strawberry shampoo waiting, and the water pressure was just hard enough to remove the dirt from my hair without aggravating my skin. It was always a place I could clear my head.

Ace. How am I going to explain any of this to Evelyn? Maybe I don't have to... I don't owe her an explanation of anything. I'm just her employee. Right? I cough slightly before wrapping a towel around me and walking back to my old bedroom, as I open the door I see Evelyn standing by my dresser looking at my old design book.

"You're awfully nosey." I smile and look at her, she turns around quickly and looks at me. "You really like to sew, eh?" She says and closes the book putting it back where it was. "Way to change the subject." I chuckle. "Turn around so I can change," I add and she rolls her eyes doing as I say. I go over to my dresser and start rummaging through my old clothes. "Oh my god! I still have it!" I squeal excitedly. "Have what?" Evelyn asks not turning around.