CHAPTER 25 - OLD FRIENDS

TW: violence, guns, negative terms, mention of sending intimate photos of someone without permission.

Willows pov

"Willow, get away from her!" She yells as she looks at me. "What?! Why?" I step away, Camilla looking at me horrified. "Because that woman is a fucking predator!" She says as a loud bang fills the air.

The bullet flies from the gun, shattering the window behind us. "What the fuck Tallie? You could've hit us!" Camilla yells.

"I never miss my target, that was a warning shot- don't make me take another!" Natalia yells. "Willow get behind me," She says calmly and I oblige, walking over to stand behind her. I was not going to argue with an angry woman holding a gun, especially not for Camilla.

"Seriously?!" Camilla yells, glaring at me. Before I can reply Evelyn comes running from the door, her face dropping as she sees Natalia. "Willow?! I heard- I heard a shot, are you hurt?" She shouts, her voice trembling slightly and her eyes scanning my body.

"Clearly not! Your ex is standing in front of me with a gun! Tallie was Natalia the whole time and nobody thought to tell me?!" I groan it was probably something I should have pieced together, but I didn't.

"It's... a long story. I was trying to protect you." Evelyn mumbles, her voice barely audible. "The way you didn't protect me?! The way you both ruined my life? Tell her! Tell her the real story. The full one!" Natalia says.

"No!" Camilla yells. "You're a crazy ass, psychotic bitch. We owe you fucking nothing!" She stomps her foot onto the roof and Evelyn shakes her head. "I'll tell it... my side anyways. Maybe we all need to get this out into the open. For good..." Ev shrugs, she looked nervous, more nervous than I'd ever seen.

"No. This is all in the past. Keep it there!" Camilla yells. Natalia shakes her head, waving the gun slightly as she speaks. "No, no. If the past is never spoken about in the present, it's bound to repeat."

Evelyn meets my eyes, her eyes travelling over my body as if she was making sure I wasn't hurt, her eyes were filled with regret and fear. "I'm not going to stand here and be slandered!" Camilla shakes her head with a scoff. "Why not? That's exactly what you made me do." Natalia shrugs.

"You both deserve an explanation." Evelyn sighs as she walks over, standing right in front of Natalia... and the gun.

"So I'll tell the story. With or without Camilla. And if you shoot me- I'll forgive you, because I know it doesn't even begin to compare with what my family did to you." She sighs.

Flashback
Evelyn and Camillas University many years ago.

Evelyns pov

We walked onto our university campus together, I had driven her here on her first day. I'm already in my second year, she took a gap year so I'm in a higher year than her.

"University!" She sighs with relief as she glances around. I let out a small laugh. "Enjoy the excitement when it lasts. You'll be miserable when you get into English class."

One of my friends walks over and she instantly puts a smile on her face. Why does she always try to hit on my friends? "Hey, ev! This your big sister?" My friend eyes her up and down.

"Yep! Camilla." I smile as I nudge Camilla's side gently. "She's got that sparkle in her eye. You gonna join the cheer team? Tryouts are later today." She asks her eyes locked on Camillas.

"I'm not sure. I was just gonna watch." Camilla grins and looks at me. I was already a cheerleader, and I loved it. I really didn't want my mean older sister coming in and ruining everything. But I love her so I don't mind so much.