New Year, New Problems

(Warning this chapter will contain an adult scene, I'll give a warning when it starts and ends)

Once again like days earlier, Y/N was sat in the Belfry looking over the evidence of the Holiday Case. The first major hurdle as his role as Batman, whoever this Holiday was they were precise, like a surgeon. Every move calculated, sure that they wouldn't be caught and that ever kill would spook Falcone enough to cause the Godfather to back further into a corner. Even now a private New Year's Yacht party, every person entering the party would be searched for weapons. Y/N had been invited but he didn't know if he was even gonna go, he had to make a public appearance but at Falcone's? 

All victims were shot with the same type of gun, no witnesses. Three murders, on three holidays. All victims were associates of Falcone and played major roles within his operations. All shot with the same of untraceable gun. Y/N had narrowed it down to five possible suspects, pictures and interconnecting webs covered the walls of the Belfry. 

Salvatore Maroni, he's always been second to the Roman. Notoriously ambitious and the Maroni Family and Falcones have been involved in several Gang Wars, with them currently at peace. Fragile peace but Godfathers were men of their word. Maroni has killed Falcone's men before in daylight, why the cloak and dagger of Holiday. 

Carla Viti, Falcone's sister. Runs the Chicago operations. Possibly making a play for control of the family. But if she was Holiday, that would mean she killed her own son. But she is a criminal after-all. 

The Joker, homicidal maniac. The Arkham Guard testified that Joker escaped before the first murder. But Joker always wanted to be seen, he would never hide away in the shadows to kill. 

The Roman himself. Johnny Viti was about to flip, and Mickey Chen would've possibly testified that Falcone ordered Dent's murder. A motive to silence the first two victims, but why kill his own bodyguard. 

The fifth suspect Y/N didn't even want to consider, but after what both Calendar Man and Maroni said he fits. Y/N didn't like thinking about if Harvey Dent could possibly be Holiday but it all fit. Obsessed with taking down Falcone, more than Maroni and any ambitious made man in Gotham. He was turned down for a gun licence last year, psych evaluation showed some wild aberrations. 

'Or is it someone else entirely' Y/N thought to himself, looking over all the data. 'Someone I haven't even considered'. 

Y/N sighed as he sat forward in his chair. "I knew this would be a burden, but it I thought I'd have more time before I took a big case. Simply strike fear into the hearts of criminals and leave it at be. Never thought I would need to become a detective this soon, and be a good one" he said to himself. 

'You can't save anyone. You know that don't you?' the voice asked as Y/N once again gripped the arm rests on the chairs. 'You won't win, you can't win'

"Shut up" Y/N angrily stated standing from his seat sending it rolling backwards and him gripping his face. "Just please shut the fuck up" he swore. Y/N couldn't take it anymore, he was loosing it. He looked to the side of his computer, seeing the invitation from Carmine Falcone for his Yacht Party. If Holiday was to strike at the mob, it would be where they're all gathered in one place. 

'What are you doing?' the voice asked as Y/N picked himself up and went to leave the Belfry to return to his penthouse apartment and get ready. 'Get back to the computer and solve this case'.

"Shut up" the elevator opened in front of Y/N. "For once I'm doing what I want". 

Later That Night 

Y/N found himself standing in the main dining area of the yacht. It hadn't left port yet, and wouldn't for another hour. Carmine was going to give a little speech before the ship departed, most likely him stroking his ego and wanting the gathered people to feel sorry for him. Most of Gotham's wealthiest were gathered, even the Mayor himself. Famous surgeons such as Tommy Elliot, an old friend of Bruce's, to members of the Crowne and Van Dahl families. Hell even some of the Maroni's were in attendance, the two families were supposed to be at peace after all. Many of which came up to Y/N to give their regards as to Bruce's passing, even in Carmines domain people cared more for Bruce Wayne. The man who gave his body and sole for Gotham.