Pay Your Respects

Over the course of the last month, Y/N had gotten back to work for both Wayne Enterprises and under the mask. First order of business was firing Derek Powers, he had violated plenty of laws and his contract so getting him out was easy. Getting control of Wayne Enterprises and ridding it of the Roman's influence. Any members of staff who were directly hired after Powers took command and had any connection to any enterprise of the Roman? Gone. It would still take months, but Y/N purifying Wayne Enterprises. Making sure no one will endanger the legacy of Thomas and Martha Wayne. 

As Batman, first thing Y/N did was let the criminals know he was never gone. Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, and they would always need something to strike terror into their hearts.

Flashback, 2 hours after being freed from Ivy's control 

As Batman swooped down from the darkness, his cape billowed behind him like the wings of a giant bat. The thugs below were caught off guard by his sudden appearance, but they quickly recovered and pulled out their weapons.

Without missing a beat, Batman leapt into action. He dodged a swing from a thug's baseball bat and countered with a swift kick to the ribs. Another thug tried to tackle him from behind, but Batman spun around and knocked him to the ground with a brutal uppercut.

As the remaining thugs closed in, Batman seamlessly transitioned from one foe to the next, throwing punches and kicks with incredible precision and power. He used his gadgets with skill and agility, throwing batarangs to disarm his enemies and deploying smoke bombs to disappear into the shadows.

Despite being outnumbered, Batman never faltered. He moved with the grace and speed of a predator, taking down his foes one by one until the last thug was left standing. With a final flourish, he delivered a devastating finishing move that sent the thug flying across the room, knocking him out cold.

Breathing heavily, Batman surveyed the scene around him. The thugs lay groaning on the ground, their weapons scattered about. For a moment, the Dark Knight stood in silence, his cape once again billowing behind him as he prepared for whatever challenge lay ahead.

End of Flashback

And that's how it was for the past few weeks. Y/N maintained his grip on the underworld, tightening it around the super villains who would swear allegiances to either side of the Cold War. Many were locked up in Arkham, so only smaller villains, such as Tweedledum and Tweedledee were left in the City, and they weren't exactly going to turn the tide of war now. So now Y/N could attempt to solve the case of Holiday, and await for when the killer might strike next. In hopes Holiday might screw up during their next kill.

May 14th, Mother's Day

As per usual, Holiday had struck again. But this time it wasn't something connected to the Roman or even a member of the Rogue's Gallery who had sworn allegiance to Maroni. Holiday had struck a teahouse in Chinatown, while it seemed innocent it was only a front. As the teahouse was actually a front for black market dealership, dealing in stolen guns. A crime scene was set up, with Gilda Dent driving her husband to the scene, she looked quite disappointed in Harvey. 

"Gilda I'm sorry" Harvey tried to say grabbing his wallet from the car door. "We'll make the late movie" he tried to assure as she didn't even loom at him. "I'm looking forward to it".

"I think I'd like to go home" Gilda said, turning out her head to look out the window. Watching the rain illuminated by the many police lights around them. 

"Why we can-" Harvey shut himself up mid sentence, knowing that look on Gilda's face. He couldn't remember the last time he saw her smile. "Yeah, yeah okay" he said, exiting the car and leaving Gilda alone. Her face still miserable and emotionless, devoid of life.