|24| |𝐀ᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ, 𝐒'ɪʟ 𝐕ᴏᴜs 𝐏ʟᴀɪ̂ᴛ! 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐁ʟᴏᴏᴅwᴏᴏᴅs 𝐒ᴛʀɪᴋᴇ 𝐀ɢᴀɪɴ!|

𝐌ʏsᴛɪᴄ 𝐅ᴀʟʟs 𝐇ᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ.

𝐂ᴀʀᴏʟɪɴᴇ 𝐀ᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛᴇᴅ 𝐓ʜᴇ 𝐓ʀᴜᴛʜ 𝐌ᴏʀᴇ 𝐄ᴀsɪʟʏ 𝐓ʜᴀᴛ 𝐀ʟᴇxᴀɴᴅʀᴀ 𝐀ɴᴛɪᴄɪᴘᴀᴛᴇᴅ.

"So, you're okay?" Asked Alexandra her friend, who was now a newly turned vampire

"As well as I can be," murmured Caroline, a smile gracing her features. "But I had Victoria and Stefan with me the whole night, so I didn't completely freak out. I don't know what I would have done if I was all by myself."

"I suppose, it's a good thing that we have our own nurse, in the hospital," the Shadowhunter turned around to face Victoria, who was outside the room, speaking with one of the other nurses. "Otherwise, we wouldn't have been made aware of your condition. Anyhoo," she reached into her pocket and brought out a ʀɪɴɢ. "This is for you."

"You got me a gift?" Gasped the blonde, in astonishment

"You got me a gift?" Gasped the blonde, in astonishment. "Why?"

"You could say that," she placed it on Caroline's ring finger. "it is of mine invention. You can walk in the daylight with it."

Caroline admired how the jewel shone onto her finger. "Yeah, Stefan told me I would be needing that from now on... and Victoria told me you fixed hers, too. It's so beautiful, Alexa, thanks!"

Alexandra beamed, mentally thankful for the no-longer-mundane friend of hers enquiring about the way she fixed it. "It was no hardship. You didn't deserve this, Caroline. I'm so sorry, I wasn't here to protect you."

"Hey, don't blame yourself!" Defended the blonde. "You couldn't have done anything."

Don't be so certain Barbie-cake...

"So..." Continued Caroline, somehow awkwardly, wishing to change the subject. "That Katherine from last night, was not really Elena?"

The Bloodwood heir sighed heavily and put her hand above Caroline's. "No, Care. For starters, we both know, that Cupcake would never do such a thing; not to you, not to anyone. As for Katherine, she's a five-hundred-year-old vampire and an ancestor of Elena."