The End Of The Beginning

Continuing from My Destiny story! 

At Landour, it's been four weeks since anyone got any information about Ram. There is no news nor any indicative information regarding him from the investigation either. He has been missing from the accident spot and there was no progress from the police investigation.

The family and friends have been staying since they hear about the incident and came here to support Priya. They understand her pain but they were helpless, their were heartbreaking every moment when they saw her face. Most of the time Priya was lost in her own world and Bri or Nandini was taking care of Prateek while Adi looking after the office here and Vicky and Kunal on other branches. 

At Raya's home

Priya was sitting with others in the living room after her morning routine. Bri tried to engage Priya in her meaningless talk and make her laugh but failed miserably.

Nandini: Priya, are you ok? you look sick and weak

Priya: Don't know, I'm not feeling very well

Nandini: go and rest in your room, I'll send breakfast

Priya was about to go when she felt dizzy and Bri held her tightly and took her to the bedroom. They called the doctor and got confirmation of her pregnancy and asked to do some tests asap.

Finally, everyone is happy to hear this good news as this is the first time they are getting any good news since Ram's disappearance. They all congratulate Priya and warn her about her health. The first time Priya smiled after a month including others.

Nandini (kissed Priya's forehead): Priya, there is a small life developing inside you and you need to take extra care of yourself and can't neglect your health for any reason. 

Things are not under their control but they all are doing as per the current situation. No one knows how long it will take to find information about Ram and the chances of any clue are getting sleek with time. But they can't show their worries in front of Priya and now it will affect her health more along with the unborn baby. 

At night, the cool breeze was entering the room through the window and her pain was deep and couldn't convey through words but her tears betrayed her when she was alone in the room and couldn't stop anymore.

Every night, it became a ritual for Priya to talk with Ram by holding their marriage photo frame.

Priya was in her thoughts...

Our family is very happy today and they all are waiting for you to come back along with our unborn baby. I want to share the good news with you that we're pregnant second time. 

Finally, we'll give a sibling to Prateek and he will get a partner to play with. We'll celebrate this grand way after your return.

I miss you in every beat of my heart

I miss you in every blink of my eyes

I miss you in every breath of mine

I miss you in every smile on my face

I miss you in every moment of my life

I miss you, Ram. We miss you.

Ram, I'm waiting for you patiently at home but don't know when my waiting time will be over and I'll see you again. Please come back soon...

The next day, Bri helped Prateek with the morning routine and came down with holding him. Prateek was snaking his hand around Bri's neck.

Nandini: where is my morning kissy

Prateek leaned towards Nandini and kissed her cheek

Adi: Junior, where is my kiss then

Prateek moved his hand and signalled through his palm to Adi

Bri: What do you want?

Adi: He is asking for chocolate. It was a deal between me and junior that I'll give him chocolate in return for a kiss.

Nandini: like father like son, it looks like he will be a big businessman

Adi put his hand inside the pocket and gave a chocolate bar to him and got a kiss in return.

Bri: You little devil

Nandini: You know your mama will scold Adi if he gives this chocolate.

Prateek: I'll finish it before mama comes here.

They all had their breakfast and then Tarun dropped Prateek at his play school. Everyone engaged Priya in small talk and distract her from remembering Ram. 

But the happiness in the house didn't last very long and it took a 180-degree turn after getting a call from investigating police officer. The officer informed them that the department decided to close Ram's accident case officially. It was like another dead-end hit and hope for Ram was getting sleek.  

They all looked at Priya who was standing there without any emotion on her face and slowly she turned her heel and left the living room before anyone says anything to give false hope. They all worried about Priya and the unborn baby.

The atmosphere turned gloomy and darker and filled with negative speculations only. The words had fallen short to pen down their pain and they witnessed Priya's worst condition in the last few weeks. They always convinced her giving hope that the police is too close to finding Ram but today that hope died and don't know what else they can do about it.

God snatched the happiness from their home and left them with only deadly silence and heartwrenching pain. There is a permanent void in their home and their heart. Most cruel and unfair to their unborn baby

After some time, Bri and Nandini entered Priya's room and sat next to her on the bed.

Priya: Everything is finished, this can not be the end of our story. 

Perhaps, the end of the beginning. Nothing left except endless dark 

Nandini: Priya, cry if it will make your heart light but please don't lock yourself like before. We're scared for you. No need to hide your tear from us, suppressing your pain will affect you and your baby. The first trimester is a critical time and we need to be very careful. Talk to me, talk to us.

Bri wiped Priya's tears which were not stopping even after a month. Priya rested her head on her shoulder with closed eyes.

Bri: We didn't accept the police's conclusion and will never. Listen to your heart and have faith in your love

Nandini: I understand your pain very well as I had been through the same pain in my life. But I stood strong to look after my children, if you fall weak then your family and business both will scatter like cards.

Bri: The police case is closed but there might be some other way to continue our search privately

Nandini: Of curse, what happens if the police close the case, we will hire a private investigator to search Ram. For that, you need to come out of your room and look after yourself and Prateek.

Priya looked at Nandini with unknown hope and tears rolled down her cheek and hugged her tightly and started sobbing and venting out all the pain that was suppressed for a month

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your all support and appreciation. 

The story starts with one month leap after Ram's accident and everyone has been waiting for a clue related to Ram so that they can search for him in the right direction. 

I would love to know your valuable thoughts and opinions about the story. 

Happy Reading!