Hard to Say Goodbye

At Raya's home

It's a fine bright morning, everyone gathered at the dining table except Priya. Priya is having morning sickness. Bri helped Prateek to settle there.

Prateek: Dadi, when will Dad come home

Nandini: He went on a business trip and will take time to return. He told me that if his champ will be a good boy and never bother his mama then he will bring a lot of gifts for you.

Prateek: Dadi, I'm a good boy. I didn't ask Mama anything about Dad

Nandini: You know Mama is angry with your daddy due to this trip. So never talk about anything regarding your dad in front of Priya. This is a secret between us.

Bri (kissed on his cheek): Junior, you are a big boy and I know you will keep this secret to yourself. Promise?

Prateek: Pinky promise

They all smiled and started breakfast, Bri wanted to help Prateek but he is very adamant

Prateek: Jaan, I'm a big boy and I can eat myself

Bri: okay my junior Jaan

Priya went to the clinic with Bri for the medical checkup later and did all the necessary tests. The doctor prescribed some medication. Also, suggested not to take much stress as it will affect her health and subsequently her child.

Both Priya and Bri were in the car heading towards home.

Priya: Don't tell anything to Nandini mom, she will be tensed unnecessarily. 

Bri: I won't but Aunty has got her source and she will find out. 

Priya: That's true.

Bri: You need to be extra careful from now onwards.

Priya: I'll. It will be a big surprise for Ram when he returns

Bri: He will be shocked to see your little bump. But I think Jaan will scold me after he returns

Priya was looking into Bri's face and was confused by her remark

Bri: He will be angry knowing that I didn't take care of you in his absence.

Priya (with a faint smile): He won't say anything to his Jaan. He loves you a lot and will be ever grateful for what you did in his absence. Taking care of me and Prateek. Thank you

Bri: You know I love spending time with Prateek and you. 

BTW, no thanks or sorry between friends. Didn't Ram tell you the rules?

Priya: Yes, he did but he was the one who broke the friendship rules by saying sorry for every single thing.

Bri (dramatic tone): Oh such a poor guy, he was scared of you and just babbling those words in a panic state

Priya (fake anger): You mean I'm scary or your friend is too nervous

Bri (with a faint smile): He is too soft and emotional where as you are strong and practical. 

The car journey was short and they back home directly after this appointment. Priya went to her room to take some rest as she was feeling weak due to morning sickness.

Nandini: did you speak to Adi?

Bri: Yes, Adi will be back tomorrow. There are some issues in the office.

They were interrupted by Prateek who came back from playschool and he hugged both the ladies. 

Nandini: Tarun, first clean his dirty hand and change his clothes