4

I closed my eyes when they dunked the dirty water all over me.

I opened my eyes and looked at the group in front of me.

No wonder I always hated school bathrooms. They threw the bucket on my head and I was pushed back making me fall on my back.

I pushed the bucket off my face but the second I did I was lifted onto my feet and was forced to look at myself in the mirror.

"Pretty little Violet looks so ugly now doesn't she. " the girl said holding my head up by my hair.

I let out a gasp when my head was almost pushed into the mirror but I stopped it using my hands.

That made her angrier so she threw me into a stall and slammed the door shut before leaving.

What does the world have against me? Why do I have to suffer like this!

A break I just need a fucking break.

I stood up and picked my bag up from the ground then put my hood back on to hide the big ass bruise around my neck.

I was currently every exited ignoring all the pain I had today this is the highlight of my day.

So I went to work as usual and they told me I was going to be sent to clean a house.

Now I rarely get to do this so I was very very excited also  they pay more.

And from what I heard from the other ladies they sometimes give stuff they don't use!

So I am obviously very excited, literally made my goddamn day.

So I went there and let me tell you. As I walked to the house I stuck out like a sore thumb.

All the big houses with big gardens and own garages.

I looked at the address in my hand and stopped when I found the house.

I made sure my hood was still over my head and fixed the mask around my face then took a deep breath before walking over to the door.

I knocked and after afew seconds a lady opened the door and I was absolutely shocked to see it was the actress from the library.

"I came for the cleaning job. " I said with a smile. Though she couldn't see it.

She gave me a warm smile and didn't seem to recognize me which I was happy about.

She let me in and I took my shoes off.

"Where should I start? " I asked her as I looked around. "Uhm, the living room would be good. " she said pointing over to the living room.

I nodded and walked over there.

I put the bucket of cleaning supplies down and sighed. It didn't seem to be all that dirty so it'll be a quickie.

I put the gloves on my hands and started to clean. When I was done with the living room I moved to the kitchen and deep cleaned until everything was nice and shiny.

Like shinier then before.

I was done with the downstairs after wiping down the windows thwn went up the stairs.

When I walked up Elizabeth was in the first room.

I peaked in from the crack and she was sitting on a desk looking at something on her laptop.

I knocked on the door and she looked up. "I'm done with the downstairs. Anywhere I shouldn't enter up here? " I asked.

"My bedroom, you can clean it but I'd like it if you didn't touch anything in there. " she said and I nodded.

That's quite reasonable.

I mumbled a tune as I cleaned and when I was finally I heard a voice behind me making me cover my ears.

"Sorry... " Elizabeth said and I turned around.

I lifted my hands off my ears. "It's fine, I was just startled. "

"Thank you, I would have done it all myself but I was just to busy and to tired to do much... " she said.

"No problem, I mean it's my job so. "

"Would you like some tea? Or coffee. I'd like it if you said yes... "

I thought for a moment and nodded.

She smiled and told me to wait in the living room.

I went downstairs with her and put my cleaning supplies in front of the front door.

Before sitting down I looked at myself and decided it would be best if I didn't sit while in my uniform so I took the pants off and sat down.

I wore them over my tights so it was no biggie.

I folded them and put them on my lap.

I also took the uniform on me so I was only in my hoodie.

Elizabeth came back with 2 cups of tea and out one in front of me with a coaster.

"Would you like to put your mask and hood down? " she asked me as she sat down.

I took my mask off but not my hood. Nor wanting her to question the bruise around my neck.

It was silent for a moment before she realized. "Violet." She said with a smile.

I let out alittle laugh "I'm shocked that you remember me... " I said and she laughed.

"Well, remembering you wasn't hard since you ran away in a hurry. "

I wrapped my arm around my torso when she mentioned that day.

"I got a text, I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly. "

"Was it important? "

"No not really but... It was something. " she nodded and didn't question it further I'm guessing because we literally don't really know each other.

"How old are you Violet? " she asked me.

"I'm 16."

"16? " she said shocked and I nodded.

"What about your parents? "

"I don't have any, at least I don't have any around. "

"What do you mean? "

"I'm an orphan. I was adopted once but uh... Stuff happened and I'm all alone again. "

"So who do you live with right now? "

"Alone, in an apartment I got using my foster moms money she left behind. Though it wasn't much... So I work to make a living. "

"How long have you been living alone then? "

"It's been about 3 years I think. " after my foster mom killed herself I went back to the orphanage I was there for a month or so but couldn't take it anymore and left using the money she left me.

The orphanage shut down last year.

It was silent for awhile until I finally spoke again. "You have a pretty house. "

"Ah thank you, you did a great job at cleaning it..." It was silent once again but I could tell she wanted to ask me something.

So I turned to look her in the eye and she sighed. "What happened to your face? " she asked me.

"I wouldn't want to force you to tell me but I'm curious. "

I touched my face. "I fell. " I said and she looked at me unconvinced. She clearly didn't believe me one bit.

Before she could ask me about it again I chugged the rest of the tea as it was warm and stood up.

"I need to take the cleaning supplies back. Thank you for a tea. " I said and I was about to walk away when she stopped me.

"How about you give me your number. I'd like it if you called when you needed help or just to hang out. " she said.

I took her phone and typed my number in and clicked call.

I ended the call when my phone rang and gave the phone back to her. "Have a nice day Elizabeth. "