17

School, I go back to school today. And as I am I offered going back to my house but once again Lizzie said no.

And work... Yeah work I was kind of fired. Apparently they got in trouble for making me work or something. It was fine before I don't know why it was a problem now but maybe it was because of the extra hours I asked for.

Opss I guess...

Lizzie offered to drive me there which I couldn't say no to but I did ask for her to drop me off a few blocks away as her dropping me off right in front of the gate would cause some unwanted attention.

The bruise around my neck was now good enough and all I had to do was cover it with abit of makeup for it to go unseen.

I looked like a normal teenager like this.

With the clothes and all that.

And I looked well rested. Since I was staying somewhere else and didn't go out much I didn't encounter any demons.

So I looked... Fine.

I said goodbye to Lizzie and walked the rest of the way there when I entered every ones eyes were on me like always.

But the whispers were louder they were so loud.

When I got to my locker I stared at it for a moment before opening it. It was empty, nothing dirty of dead.

Just books...

I pulled out the book for my class and started to walk once I closed it.

When I sat down I felt all their eyes on me. Then someone finally sat in the empty seat in front and spoke.

"I heard someone choked you. " she said looking at me.

"Yet I don't see anything like that, was it a lie Violet? "

She leaned closer and looked at my neck. "Did you cover it? Bummer I would have loved to see their masterpiece. "

Masterpiece...

"Why is it a masterpiece? " I asked.

"Well, they tried to do us a favor and kill you. " she said in a whisper.

She leaned away and smiled. "Looked like you got new clothes to. " she said touching my shoulder.

"Make sure they don't get wet with toilet water again. " she said standing up.

The teacher entered and everyone got in theit seats. I tried to focus on the class but being here.

Sitting in class made me go crazy.

During breaks I didn't even take a step outside. I sat in the toilet stall away from all eyes.

No one bothered me for the rest of the day but since I was hidden in the bathroom I could hear all the gossips they made.

If the topic didn't start with me. It would go on with me.

Even if they didn't know my name they would say the one who got choked.

The ones who didn't know my name were the lower grades. My grade and the one above mine knew.

They all knew Violet the orphan.

The one who lived alone. The one who cleaned the streets and toilets.

The one who wore ripped shoes.

The poor and helpless Violet.

Yet not a single soul would help this Violet.

One day I'm going to wither away just like mom did.

But not just because of him.

But because of everyone around me.