ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠

Korean, English

Korean, English

"So— what's wrong?" I asked my parents getting straight to the point.

"Nothing, we just wanted to see how you're doing that's all." She smiled sitting on the couch.

No you don't.

I wanted to roll my eyes so bad at their stupidity, they didn't want to see me when did they ever just want to see me?

"Anyways how is being an intern? You do any big procedures yet?" My dad asks.

There goes my point.

I jerk my head back but it wasn't noticeable. "Um— no? It hasn't even been two months yet. I'm only just now getting down the basics."

"Well you need to speed this process up, you shouldn't be taking this long." My mother said giving me a serious look.

What more do you want me to do?

"Ok then— where's Luca? I thought he had a couple days before his break was over." I said ruffling my hair in annoyance, dismissing the conversation.

It always work with them I could never just relax and not talk about what needs to be done or how to do it.

"We kicked him out." My mother shrugs her shoulders leaning back into the couch.

My eyes widen. "What? Why would you do that?"

"He wouldn't listen, and I think that boy is getting into his head." She said taking a sip of her coffee.

"And that gives you a reason to kick him out?" I tilt my head a little scrunching my face in disgust.

She sighs and nods her head. "Yeah pretty much maybe if he did better we wouldn't have to go through this."

You've already put me through pain what more do you need? Your life was already lived, you did all the things you wanted to do in your younger years. Don't force him to follow my footsteps, I couldn't stand up to you because I was afraid of disappointing you.

"He's only 16 though! What are you talking about?!" I said my anger slowly rising, I was never the one to raise my voice but sometimes they just go too far.

"Boy, you have no right to talk—" Before my dad could finish his sentence someone yells.

"I'm home!"

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach— when I see my sister and a unfamiliar man standing at the entrance of the living room, with the biggest grin on her face.

Me and my sister never had a great relationship, and jealousy was why.

"My baby! I missed you so much! How was your stay in Atlanta?" My mother gets up kissing both of her cheeks before hugging her.