ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Korean, English

Korean, English

"Do I really have to go?" Luca asked looking at me with big glassy eyes.

"Yes you do, now get out before you're late." I tried shooing him out of the car.

"Why can't I just dropout? School's not made for me." His voice cracked a little as he latched onto my arm— rocking me back and forth.

I sigh, and frown dropping my shoulders. I didn't like this side of Luca, it was different. He was usually hyper and bubbly and if you were lucky he would be nonchalant some days.

But whatever this was I didn't like it.

"I can't just let you dropout what's wrong Luca? Why don't you wanna go?" I give him a concerned look.

He smacks his lips before letting go of my arm. "Nothin'."

He gives me a defeated look before trying to open the car door. But before he could leave— I locked it. "No Luca what's wrong? Did something happen at school?"

I furrow my eyebrows not liking the uneasy feeling. I needed to find out what was wrong with him, but I can't help if he doesn't tell me.

"It's nothing, can I go now? I'm gonna be late." He looks out of the window blankly, when I didn't answer he turns his head looking at me.

"I'm ok Jayce really." He laughed trying to play it off. I sigh and unlock the door and Luca rushes getting out of the car.

He waves before walking but before he could walk any further— I rolled down the window on the passenger side. "Text me if you need anything!"

He gives an 'ok' hand gesture before disappearing behind the school gates, I bit the inside of my cheek in worry.

I'm going to find out what's wrong with him one way or another.

When I get to the hospital I was immediately Called into my boss's office. I stood before him my hands were laced together in front of me as he went through documents that was on his desk.

"You needed me sir?" I questioned.

"Ah yes, Jayce you are going to be having your first operation next week." He didn't spare me a glance, he kept his eyes on the papers that were in front of him occasionally looking at his computer.

My eyes widen in surprise. "Wha— sir, I don't think that's a good idea, I barely know the basics of surgical procedures, how am I supposed to go through with doing a procedure I know nothing about?"

My heart started to race, it was so loud in my ears I could barely hear what he said next.

"That's why I'm here Jayce, I will guide you through what needs to be done. You are going to be okay, no need to be worried." He looked up trying to ease my nerves but it wasn't working in the slightest.