ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪

I've been trying— for weeks, and I've finally did it— finally got sole custody of my baby Z

I've been trying— for weeks, and I've finally did it— finally got sole custody of my baby Z. With all the struggles, and hard work I never thought this day would come to light but it's finally here.

They knew I wasn't an unfit parent they just wanted to make things harder on me— because of my background. I don't understand why they didn't take that shit off my record if they knew I didn't do it.

"Ok just sign right here and you are good to go." The woman smiled pointing at the paper handing me a pen.

I took it from her hand quickly signing the paper with a smirk on my face. I couldn't wait to tell Jay, lately he's been feeling down, ever since his pops came over a couple days ago causing a scene.

I didn't know how to help him either. I was never the type to comfort other people when they felt like shit, but I was trying... for him. I couldn't stand to see him sad, it felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest.

If he felt like shit, then I felt like shit right along with him.

Once I finished signing I handed the pen back over to the woman she takes it and stands up and I follow her movements. She closes the binder grabbing her things.

"And just like that we're done Mr. Williams. I'm sorry this process went on longer than it should've, clearly you aren't an unfit parent. But others... seem to say otherwise." Her face held a sympathetic smile.

I nodded my head and chuckle awkwardly. "Yeah..."

I didn't know what to say, she made this shit awkward. At this point I was ready for this interaction to just be over. But just seconds later, it seemed as if my prayers have been answered.

My phone starts buzzing on the table and the woman took that as her cue leave, but not without bidding her goodbye to Z.

The woman leaves, leaving us as we were currently at some diner. Z was sitting beside me munching on some fried ice cream, minding his business.

I asked him if he wanted some actual food, but he sat up here and practically cried for some ice cream. Me being me, I gave in. Because who am I to say no to this lil' nigga?

Picking my phone up I look at the caller id on my phone and I answer it.

"Yo." I answered, glancing around out of habit.

"Haven't heard yo ass in a minute." Rashaad chuckled. "Where you been? I ain't seen you at the house. Everything good?"

I honestly forgot about everything. I've been so busy worrying about Jay and shit. And going through the process of getting Z back, nothing else really crossed my mind but that.

"Yeah, been busy and shit." I said truthfully.

"Right— you tryna hit a lick?"

"Nah nigga, you know I don't hit licks." I exclaimed, my face contorting into a 'nigga are you serious' look. He knew I didn't like doing that shit.