ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

"You got something?" Hakeem sat down across from me

"It's not much but I think he did say he liked the color yellow..." I scratched the back of my head and look down in embarrassment.

It was disappointing. I didn't even know the basics of what he liked.

I've tried to be supportive and the person he could open up to when things get tough but it was hard.

It was like he's built a wall so no one would know what he was feeling or what was with him.

Trying to build a relationship with someone that's literally almost an adult seemed the impossible right now.

And I just want to change that but I don't know how.

He sighs. "You don't know shit?"

I sat there trying to think of something but nothing would pop up. "No I don't. We don't even talk like that for real."

"So nothin'?"

I shake my head getting irritated. "No, Keem! You want me to say it in Korean too?"

He looks at me in amusement before chuckling.

"Why are you laughing at me? It's not funny!" I whine not understanding why he finds me getting upset funny.

"Chill out. What got you so hyped?"

I slouch in the chair feeling exhausted. Before he could say anything I speak up.

"I'm sorry." I sigh. "Lately I just been stressed... About everything."

Before he could question me there was a knock on the front door. I look towards the direction confused.

"Luca isn't supposed to be home until 7." I mumble getting up from my comfortable position on the couch.

"Where he at?" Hakeem stood up concerned.

"He was supposed to be at volleyball practice. I wonder if he left his key or something." I walk towards the door with him following behind me.

As I was about to open it he pulls my hand away and I look up giving him a perplexed look.

"You was about to OPEN the door when you don't even know who it is." He looks at me as if I had lost my mind.

I roll my eyes playfully. "Ok Keem." I stand on my tippy toes looking through the peephole.

Someone was there but all I saw was their hair. I just opened the door and my eyes widen in surprise.

"Jayce..." My mother stood there with an unreadable expression.

"M-Mother?" At this point I was tearing up.

I wasn't ready to face her. It felt like it was just yesterday I was shunned for being who I was.

"Are you gonna just stand there or let me in?"